More MS questions

Ron R

New hear and reading through all of the MS stuff.
Is there a FAQ for the MS? I did a surch and came back with nothing but a place that sells parts.
I know 0 about this stuff and its hard to read through everyones mods.
I am looking for basic set up/parts needed. Anyone make a kit for us guys that have no idea what there doing? Just bolt it up and run?

Is there anything better for a mostly stock 200?
I would like to set it up to run an HX-35/12 one day with 5-10psi and feel this is a good start.

Thanks

Thanks !!!
I will see what I can dig up, I think this is cool stuff but might be a little over my head.

Anyone have a set up they would like to sell?

What is the average cost you guys have into these running?

There are other suppliers like www.glensgarage.com also. Since you are in the US, you don't have to worry about exchange rates and air freight so I reckon you can be up and running for under a grand, easy.

IIRC when I did my system 3 years ago I spend $357 from the MS vendor. I dont remember who I used the first time but now I am using DIY autotune. I then spent another $250 on the wideband setup. I put it on a Holley system I got for $200 on craigs list.

I would not do it if its your only car. You dont need the extra pressure of having to get it running just to get to work. You need to be able to just drop your tools and go back to the books and figure out whats wrong.

Hmmm. So far I have two CFI throttle bodies, TFI distributor modded for the 6, high-pressure fuel pump, and assorted wiring. Still need a fuel regulator and plumbing, and ECU. I am going to get the MS, but have one from a Ford 3.8. I might be able to make it run acceptably if I turn the fuel pressure down some, don't know. The plan is to get the TFI dizzy running using the ECU, then worry about the fuel later. Also need a couple of misc. sensors and relays, but a couple minutes in the pull-a-part will get all I need for cheap.

Only have $160 in it so far. Estimate another $500 for the MS, plumbing, and sensors.

I bailed on my tfi distributor and snagged an old variable reluctor duraspark. The thing seems to work really well and it is super easy to wire it to the megasquirt. I am still in the preliminary testing stages, I need to get an exhaust welded up before I start daily driving the truck again, but the tach signal has been perfect during initial start up and preliminary tuning. With the TFI, it looked like one needed to have the actual module as well as teh distributor in order to generate a tach signal that the megasquirt can read, with the Variable reluctor, you wire a couple of jumpers differently when you build the megasquirt, then make two connections at the distributor...

Back