Angled injectors?

CobraSix

2K+
VIP
Okay, I know it's ideal, but looking at my Oz 250 manifold, I think it would be tough to get enough clearance for the fuel rail to not interfere with the TB if I try to angle the injectors to point at the intake valve.

how crucial is it? I know it's better, but if I have them pointing straight down, is it really a problem?

Thanks.

Slade

i would think that at low air speeds it would just soak the bottom of the intake manifold at that port... of course, you wouldn't have as much fuel going in at a lower air speed

I read one way around that was to use a small injector with just more pressure for better atomization...going to see if I can find some typical spray patterns.

If the throttle body has clearence on the shock tower, you could machine a spacer to fit between the manifold and head and mount the injectors in the spacer. The spacer could be watercut and aside from minor cleanup the injector pockets would be the only real machine work. It would leave your intake unmolested.

The guys over at TurboFord have been looking at different injectors and by far the best atomization I have seen are the Delphi injectors.

Back