PLX devices

Broncitis

Famous Member
One of the problems of buying internet and not over the counter and living in a rural area is, my AFR DM5 gage from PLX is defective and I have to send it back for repairs and they are three weeks behind on repairs and don't answer the phone half the time, I will never use them again, but I am stuck with them now, for no refund is offered and I will also discuss this with RETROTEK speed as it is the AFR system they use, just a word of caution, I would use another brand for AFR in my opinion.

Im in a big metro area and as far as I know there are no places here where you can get stuff like that in stock. There used to be a few places but they are long gone. Most stores can 'order that for you' but it takes longer and cost more than Jegs or Summit. O2 sensors are fairly sensitive themselves and the controllers seem to be designed to work in a lab environment, not under the hood of a car. I have an innovate myself and they dont seem to be any better than the rest. I switched to a narrow band after I got things running fairly well. I was going to set the wide band up to run on its own off a battery so there would be no possible grounding and signal issues.

Back