NOS

It really depends on how much you plan on running. One of the normal upgrades is Forged pistons. Cast units do not like a lot of NOS.

250coupe":fipdaeql said:
stock flat top, whats hypereutectics?
honestly man, if you don't know what hypereutectics are, i cringe when i think about what you'll do with nitrous
not that hypers would be the best choice, just that you're thinking about this while being so uninformed

get a basic grasp on the different options, the different materials you can put into your engine, and you'll answer a lot of your own questions
i'd recommend David Vizard's How To Make Horsepower Vol 1 as a starting place to learn about what's goin on inside your engine

once you do that, you'll be able to come back to us and ask specific questions that will do you much more good when it comes time to build

[urlhttp://www.hotrod.com/projectbuild/hrdp_0711_1970_ford_maverick/results.html[/url]

Looks like a 135 shot with enough octane and engine management will last at least one pass down the strip. The 150 shot broke a ring, the 175 shot killed it dead.

Back