Factory 200 TFI distributor

Anlushac11

1K+
VIP
While Xflow Fairlane and I have been working on modifying a 2.3L OHC distributor something occurred to me.

Why have we not thought to find a Tempo/Topaz with a 2.3L HSC motor and yank the TFI distributor out of that?

Of course this is only relevant if you want to run TFI ignition and a EEC IV or Megasquirt ECU.

Since the 2.3L HSC is a 200 with #4 and #5 cylinders removed it should be a drop in with no need to modify the gear, just swap with a six cylinder reluctor.

NAPA wants $98 new for a 2.3L HSC distributor minus the module. Could probably find a JY version for cheap.

I thought about that but live in a rural area and had no HSC motors in the yard I was at.

it also all started when I grabbed a dummy shaft out of a 2.3 ohc motor to see if it would fit (and had some 2.3 dizzys laying around)

You can use dura spark distributor with a mega squirt!!! You would have to do direct coil control but it will work! You can use a points distributor as well and do direct coil control.

My Mustang has TFI as original equipment and the theme/idea on my 89 Mustang convertible is to try and make it look like a factory stock turbo engine install. I wanted to run TFI through stock harness to EEC IV adapter to Megasquirt.

I think I am on path to getting injectors installed but not sure how to wire up injector harness.

Since shortblock is almost done am now looking more intently at path for head.

Looked at a Tempo unit and for some reason its really tall. Not gonna work, A modified 2.3L OHC distributor is gonna be it. Already got one modified except for mounting timing gear.

Back