missfire at 4500rpm

Unfalconbelievable

Having trouble with a microtech aftermarket ecu, http://www.microtechefi.com Ive got the LT10s hooked up and it runs fine, the injection and ignition lines are a bit shaky from 2000rpm up but it drives fine till 4500 then its almost like a rev limit. I've datalogged it with the microtech software and at that point everything drops out for 2 seconds and then returns, tps goes from 99% to 00% and back to 99% in no time and all the figures drop ie injection, ignition, load and rpm. I've checked the battery input, ignition input and earth continuity when it does it and they are all good. the only thing i can think of is a short in the ecu its self? I can email the graphs to anyone who wants, they'd just need to download the microtech software which is free from the site quoted above

Any ideas? Thanks
BTW its on a 4.0L multipoint six cyl.

I would be looking for the reason those signals are getting messed up. Have you tried re routing harnesses and such to make sure they are not near spark plug wires or coils? Try running the system off a separate battery? Do they have a user forum? Thats one of the good things about megasquirt is the forum is fairly active and the people that designed the hardware and software frequent the site.

does the RPM zero out a split second before everything else 0's out? if your ECU doesnt get a good or accurate RPM signal or the RPM is telling the ECU "0 RPM" the ecu thinks the motor isnt running and will shut everything off.

i had a very similar problem with my mega squirt. at 3000 plus RPM it would start to buck and miss badly. if you have bad tach spikes at higher RPM ranges like i did you can simply install a zener diode inline form the coil to ECU..... what kind of ignition set up are you running?

Back