300 EFI ECU

84FordVan

Hey does anyone know if the stock EEC-IV computer on a late 80's ford pickup will compensate for boost, and if so how much?

Considering that it's a S/D computer which runs off a MAP sensor rather than a MAF meter, I think I'd bet against. The spark/fuel/air maps in the PCM are all based on pressures of less than 14.7 PSIA (same as 0 PSIG) and it's unlikely they are going to extend to higher pressures.

84FordVan":vj7ab21k said:
Hey does anyone know if the stock EEC-IV computer on a late 80's ford pickup will compensate for boost, and if so how much?

I would also heavily bet against it. I modded a 94 F-150 with a 302, most of the mods require a MAF sensor. You can change it out with a MAF ECU from a newer model. should work.

Even still, its hard to say if an EEC-V with MAF will compensate for boost. It may not have the "code" or software capability, although the EEC-V-like Diesel ECM can handle boost, but thats a diesel and much much different code.

Maybe. The only MAF-based PCM for the 300 is also OBD-II and designed to limit "tampering" :nono: In theory a MAF system will adapt to the different cam simply because it does not measure manifold vacuum but nobody really knows the limitations built into the PCM on the 96 trucks. It should handle a mild cam no sweat but a bigger one???

Have you considered converting to MegaSquirt?

I am seriously considering Megasquirt. I actually have a MS2 I am working some bugs out of right now, but I am thinking of just going and buying a complete one off the internet.

Back