MS throttle body for 65 300 ?

es2rider

Hi, I've been searching around but it seems as if most of the MegaSquirt systems are installed on EFI motors.
Has anyone installed a MS controlled throttle body on a 300 using a Offenhauser "C" type manifold?
I have a friends 500 Edelbrock carb I can use to break the motor in with, rather than spend the money for a new carb I would like to try a MegaSquirt system.
I am a Motorola 2-Way FM field tech so I have been working in the electronics field for about 30 years, so building the MS boards are no problem.
My motor has just been rebuilt .030 over, mild port and polish on a 240 head with a new Comp Cam 260 "Advertised Intake/ Exhaust Duration of 260 degrees."
I dont know if this cam would cause problems with an injection system due to overlap.
It is in a '65 F100 with 3 speed manual.
Thanks, Doug
1965 F100 2WD short bed Styleside, 300 Six, 3 Speed Column Shift

Megasquirt can be set up two different ways, Speed Density and Alpha Numerical. The "Alpha Numerical" mode uses only throttle position, RPM and coolant temp as inputs in calculating fuel. I would first figure out how your vacuum signal looks. If you haven't already, I would suggest installing a vacuum gauge, they should be available through any good auto parts store. I did and it helps a lot in tuning an engine. I have a Megasquirt 2 ECU and I once ran a GM 5.7l TBI on my 300 with it. I used a Clifford intake very similar to the Offy C series with an adapter plate I made from a plate of aluminum. At the time it didn't run very well and I didn't really know what I was doing in terms of tuning the thing. But I am sure with the proper tune, a 300 would probably run very well with a TBI. Also, make sure you read the Megamanual ( www.megamanual.com ).

Back