Throttle body injecting 200 ci

jet471

Trying to decide which throttle body to use for megasquirt installation.

As of right now I think I am going to go with the 85-87 tempo/taurus style throttle body.

I would like to start gathering parts soon, so if anyone has any other ideas, I'm open to suggestions.

Also if anyone has any results from megasquirting the 200, I'd like to hear them.

Thanks for any info.

Josh

Josh,
Read this thread about installing a Tempo TBI onto a 200cid with Megasquirt.

viewtopic.php?t=38349

The TBI can be found in the following four cylinder vehicles: 1986-88 Ford Taurus, 1985-87 Ford Tempo, 1985-87 Mercury Topaz, 1986 Mercury Sable

If you can't download the megasquirt files that are referenced in the thread, I may have them. No need to reinvent the wheel.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply Rocklord,

I've looked through the post several times and was wanting to hear some first hand results of the installation after a little time using the setup. I am gonna try and contact rmoe to see if he is still using it. Do you know anyone else who has done this conversion.

I was mainly wanting to make sure it flows enough at wot, from the post it seems to.

Also, whats the difference between the large and small log carb mount, will the tempo tb bolt directly to the small log?

Thanks,

Josh

Back