Building triple tbi

benn3393

I am interested in building a triple TBI, like on mike's Sema motor. I'm trying to price all the pieces to see if it's feasible. Firstly, I know I need the 3 tbs, air horns, fuel rail, and injectors. Ci aluminum head, fuel pump, and management system. From looking, it seems the tbs bolt straight onto the head, with no manifold or plenum. Is that correct? Also, what model tbs? I went to borla's website, and if I'm correct it'd be the 2900's.
Lastly, being new to tbi, what will this do for me? (Power and mpg wise) This would be a street car, with some show time. I don't even know where the closest track is. '67 mustang, 200.

benn3393":3n9mkene said:
Lastly, being new to tbi, what will this do for me? (Power and mpg wise) This would be a street car, with some show time. I don't even know where the closest track is. '67 mustang, 200.

that much air, it would be an all strip car, you'll probably want to aim for 350cfm max, even the 500cfm carbs are rough on the street (just not good MPG's) and have a flat throttle response

IMHO, do a small 4bbl tbi or a large 2bbl tbi from Afordable Fuel Injection, with either a 2bbl or 4bbl, I would fab a restriction plate between tbi and intake for about 350-390 max cfm for best pedal feel and to get rid of all pedal hesitation... TBI's will run perfect, go a very mild to stock cam nothing more than 262 duration .450 lift, 112 LC, and you'll push 150-170 HP with the alum head at the tires and a decent idle and smooth engine, probably 19+mpg... a 2bbl will get more like 21-23mpg. both should get 24-27 on freeway depending driving habits with a T5 trans and 3.27 gears running 215/75r14 tires

Back