Falcon Fanatic's FI conversion

Nope, because the TEC unit stopped communicating via the serial port, so the problem was bigger than just the timing wheel (though that may ALSO have been a problem).

I bought this setup a while ago and can't get it started. What first steps should I take as far as programming it?

Attachments

• 20220214_144512.jpg
    20220214_144512.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 25
I bought this setup a while ago and can't get it started. What first steps should I take as far as programming it?
Be very careful with a system that isn't 100% one kind of source. If it's part TEC, part MegaSquirt, part Ford 2.3, then you'll have Prox Sensor problems securing a clean signal to the ECM. That is why really good ignition and injection systems get Found Off Road Dead....prox Sensor to digital signal problems. Could be Ignition, could be fuel, could be IAC or Fiddle Valve. As such, those three systems could be out of range, causing a no start situation. Straight outta Compton...

I facebooked ya, and said as much. Care to tell me if it's a Mix of TEC and MS2Extra. And what sort of injection...bank fire or sequential. This is a crank sensor system FF worked with. Fill me in hombre. Same issues 67SixStang had with his Holley HP when the crank sensor alloy holding bracket went off Center when the engine warmed up. The prox sensor has to be rock solid.

Normal go to guy for me is Steve at Enola Gay Systems. He's smarter than an Area 51 Alien. And this Alien from New Zealand šŸ„

Last edited:
Be very careful with a system that isn't 100% one kind of source. If it's part TEC, part MegaSquirt, part Ford 2.3, then you'll have Prox Sensor problems securing a clean signal to the ECM. That is why really good ignition and injection systems get Found Off Road Dead....prox Sensor to digital signal problems. Could be Ignition, could be fuel, could be IAC or Fiddle Valve. As such, those three systems could be out of range, causing a no start situation. Straight outta Compton...

I facebooked ya, and said as much. Care to tell me if it's a Mix of TEC and MS2Extra. And what sort of injection...bank fire or sequential. This is a crank sensor system FF worked with. Fill me in hombre. Same issues 67SixStang had with his Holley HP when the crank sensor alloy holding bracket went off Center when the engine warmed up. The prox sensor has to be rock solid.

Normal go to guy for me is Steve at Enola Gay Systems. He's smarter than an Area 51 Alien. And this Alien from New Zealand šŸ„
It's a ms2 with wasted spark and 2 banks of alternating injection. I'm not sure if the fiddle pwm valve is set up correctly šŸ¤” there is a menu to set up the hz frequency, I'm not sure what to set it to. It's an idle valve from a early 90's 5.0

Cool. Go to Carmichael Angelos Gila Monster 621 page epic at StangNet. His fiddle Valve set up was done by A91what. Here, it's under Mike1157 Gila Monster, and also in Four Eyed Prides Gila Monster.
If your not smashing out the GreenBacks, just feel free to read those parts, and Steve will give you some free advice if your up front with where your at. I cannot speak highly enough of his expertise and dedication. If you were in Apollo 13, he'd get you home.

Mike is MIA from StangNet, and if he's not there, neither am I. Love that craggy guy. Smart, witty, and he's done all that set up stuff.

See this "https://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=40364"

Last edited:
See page 27 Prox Sensor ring

"https://www.stangnet.com/mustang-fo...pig-is-in-the-pen.871263/page-27#post-8819042"

Page 38, then page 56, the GM Fiddle Valve, 12v.

"https://www.stangnet.com/mustang-fo...-cyclone-the-pig-is-in-the-pen.871263/page-56"

page 60, post #1192, the MS2Extra

Page 68, post #1358, the EDIS6 relocation and Fiddle Valve and page 69 post #1374, the same Ford Vulcan 60 degree V6 sensor 67SixStang used.

By page 79, he got it working.

If you have hi impedance injectors, you'll have to change the injector dead time
"
"

Last edited:
Back