Would a ford super coupe ecm run a boosted 300???

clintonvillian

Famous Member
I was in my garage today pondering, and looking at my Frankenstein 300 and thought ............ why wouldn't a super coupe harness work for a boosted app.

Same time period, same cylinders, looks like you would just have to figure out the firing orders. It even had a MAF.

One would just need to figure out how to get it a camshaft signal. I think that is all that was used to control the ignition.

One thing I've never seen mentioned on here, but may worth looking into is the GM 411 ECM.
It is a swap I am looking into for my 98 Tahoe 5.7L
Blackbox to 12200411 PCM Swap
I called locally and the ECM is cheap with a foot of wiring $35
Its the programming that is spendy.. I contacted Black Bear Performance
regarding the programming for mine, I should add that one thing I didn't ask for was additional functionality for a MAP (turbo) but the 411 can handle it.
me":39b410t4 said:
VEHICLE: 1998 Tahoe LS 4dr
MODIFICATIONS: Stock for now, 5.7/4l60/265/70R17 but I'd like to perform a ECM upgrade to a 0411 silver box from a black box.

QUESTION/COMMENT:
I figured in addition to getting the ECM to work, I may as well add some features. Transmission is a 4l60.

Delete the EGR
Delete 2nd O2 sensors/Catalytic Converters.
Add in a tow/haul mode
Electronic Fan control

I plan on adding
long tube headers and a free flowing muffler.
No lift now, but plan on adding a 3-4" (it needs to fit in my garage still)

Driving will be about 95% on highway (between 65-80mph) and the other 5% will be slow speed driving in town and gravel. Once or twice per year

I'm wondering if I should do it all at once (EGR/CATs/Headers/ECM) or if I can do the ECM now and then do the remainder of them later. And if that means I will be paying for tuning twice, or if I should buy a tuner. Do you sell tuners or just the service.

Thanks
-ron
BlackBear":39b410t4 said:
Hi Ron,

Thank you for contacting us about a tune. We can either tune for everything all at once or update the tune down the road, your choice. The update down the road would not have any service fee associated with it, it would just cost shipping and any core charges/deposits.

We do offer our AutoCal handheld option which would allow for all tuning and updates to be completed by email. The hardware and tune together are priced at $599.

Justin

Back