Fuel Injection on 200ci I6

Hi All,

I am interested in added a classic inline's aluminum head to my 1967 mustang 200ci motor and later on try a fast efi unit to boost fuel economy. Have any of you tried this combination? What hp, torque and fuel economy numbers have you recorded? Also are there any issues with the piston rings wearing prematurely, or any other premature wear with fuel injecting this motor?

Sorry for the 20 Questions. I am pretty new with engine rebuilding so just want to do it right.

I will be installing the Fast EZ EFI in a couple of months. I will keep you post or check for my build.

What kind of fuel economy numbers did you get when you put the fast efi unit on the aluminum intake? I am thinking of doing that myself but am unsure if it will actually boost my mpg. Any insight would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Straight_6_tuner":14kthw2l said:
What kind of fuel economy numbers did you get when you put the fast efi unit on the aluminum intake? I am thinking of doing that myself but am unsure if it will actually boost my mpg. Any insight would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

I never installed it after my build. I had it all at my house but sent it back. The machine shop screwed me. The did to much clearance for the pistons to wall. It should have been .0015 and he did it to .0045. SO tons of blow by. Put my old black back in for now until I deiced what I want to do.

Back