Looking for 4 hole Injectors for '92 4.9L

JohnTMcD348

There's been talk for awhile over on FullSizeBronco from the 5.0L and 5.8L guys about upgrading the older single hole injectors with the newer style 4 hole Bosch injectors. They are using the 19lb injectors found on Explorers and Crown Vics to do this. I know the 4.9L had a different rating but I haven't been able to find it specifically. I know I'd asked this question a year or two......or three ago but for the life of me I cannot find it anywhere.

What rating does the last years 4.9L EFI run for their Injectors?

And

Did they ever actually make 4-hole injectors that would work without major modifications on these '92-'96 4.9L's?

I want to keep everything fairly close to stock and not interested in reprogramming the ECU or going with something like Megasquirt. Just looking at possibly getting better economy and better fuel atomization from the better injectors.

Thanks ahead info.

That thread looks like it has your answer, keeping with the correct size of injector. Don't just change to a larger 19lb/hr injector and expect it to work without some way of tuning, but another source for 19lb injectors are Dodge products. Neons, Caravans, PT Cruizers, etc. 4cyl N/A engines use 19lb injectors, EV1 and EV6 style Bosch depending on the years. They regularly swap to larger Ford injectors when they need.

Right. I was looking for 14lb, 4 Hole injectors that could be replaced as stock. I'm not really wanting to seriously modify my vehicle. I'd just like to improve on it with newer technology that's better than original and might provide some benefits. No matter how minor it may be.

Thanks

Wow, the price has sky rocketed on those CM4705 / F1ZE-B4C injectors. They are nearly double now what they were less than 2 years ago when I replied to that thread!

Back