1994 F150 twin turbo w/ Megasquirt build

Drewu223

I've decided that I'm going to go with a Megasquirt ECU to go along with a twin turbo 300 build. I have some pretty decent plans for it, but I was wondering what you guys have done to install Megasquirt on these trucks and if it was hard to get it done or not. Any input will help

Megasquirt pnp for eec iv. I bought mine last year from diyautotune during a cyber Monday sale. Running an aem wideband o2 with it. Was simple to build yet very time consuming. Everything's labeled but it took me awhile to get good at soldering such small things. All in all it turned out very nice, didn't have to cut any wires on the truck, and been dead reliable for close to a year so far.

deere114":588eokh1 said:
Megasquirt pnp for eec iv. I bought mine last year from diyautotune during a cyber Monday sale. Running an aem wideband o2 with it. Was simple to build yet very time consuming. Everything's labeled but it took me awhile to get good at soldering such small things. All in all it turned out very nice, didn't have to cut any wires on the truck, and been dead reliable for close to a year so far.
I looked on DIYautotune and it looks like they don't have a pnp for the trucks, although I did see some for a 5.0 mustang

There the same thing. The pinout for the connector is the same, the case is the same. A fox uses and eec iv. I was a bit confused at first myself, but after a few emails with Matt at at diyautotune I got it set up right to run the 300. So to clarify, the one for a fox mustang works in a truck, or any other eec iv for that matter. I didn't document my install but there is one forum member who did, I forget their screen name but if you go over to the turbo section his thread is called 92 f150 4x4 turbo build or something to that extent.... I'll see if I can find it and give you a link

https://fordsix.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=73507 In that thread part way down he documents his megasquirt installation with pictures. I found it helpful when building mine

Drewu223":v2w9xmiq said:
I looked on DIYautotune and it looks like they don't have a pnp for the trucks, although I did see some for a 5.0 mustang

When I bought my adapter for my MS1 to plug into my '94, I compared the '86-'93 5.0 version with the '94-up version. The 5.0 adapter worked for me, although I did add one ground wire for the O2 sensors (Fox Mustangs used three wire O2's, F series used four). My adapter is several years old though.

The best thing to do is go pin-by-pin and see how they match up.

Back