Fuel injection research for 250 inline w/CI aluminum head.

69stang_250

VIP
So I'm finishing my car up and plan on within this coming year converting to fuel injection.
The plan is to replace everything from fuel tank to carb. What I am trying to figure out is the most cost effective rout is and
Which would be the best to run on my application. Cheaper is always better unless it sacrifices quality and relyability.

Engine specs are:

250 .030 over
280/280 CS cam 1 degree advanced
Forged Pistons
10.25 CR
CI head (48cc chambers port and polished)
1.6 rocker arms ( .512 valve lift )
4bbl CI intake.
670 Holley street avenger

Once the car is good to go I will be visiting a dyno to fine tune everything.

When running this build on computer programs it suggest around 300hp and 350tq. This is an est. given three programs it was done on, but will know for sure once it is completed.

With the info I have now, what are your guys suggestions on Fuel injection?
I don't want anything too complicated and since I am running DSII distributor and MSD 6AL I don't need anything to control ignition.

One I am looking at, but not sure how well it runs, is the Holley sniper EFI. I like that they also have a fuel tank set up for this system for my 69 mustang. Any thoughts?

Thanks guys!

How about FiTech's Go Street EFI (150HP-400HP) system for $795, or Go EFI 4 (200HP-600HP) system for $995.
http://fitechefi.com/products/
Self-learning throttle body system, and you can keep running the ignition you have.

I'd stay away from the Go EFI Fuel Command Center (External fuel sump with 255LPH pump) and go with a fuel tank with internal pump.

Until December 31, 2016, you can get a $100 rebate on any of their 600HP systems, #30001, #30002, and #30004.
http://www.jegs.com/rebates/fitech/rebate.pdf
Makes the $995 system only $895.

Hope this helps.

I have done some looking into those and like the set ups honestly.
Is there any advantage of of using the 400 over the 600?
My plan is getting a fuel tank with an in tank pump and baffling built in.
Kinda wish I would of done that before instead of cleaning up my old tank and replacing the sending unit.

The 400HP unit does not have timing control, the 600HP unit does.
The 600HP unit has a handheld tuner with a color touch screen, the 400HP unit doesn't.

Check out http://fitechefi.com/ and look halfway down to see a comparison of the units.

So I have got to looking at the Fitech 400hp system and will be going that rout with one of the EFI tanks for 69 mustang.
Here is a question that one of you guys could answer for me. Which cylinders tend to run lean on the inline 6? If the CI intake does not help this situation, I will be pleasing the O2 sensor on that pipe on my duel exhaust set up.

Cylinders 1 and 6 are the ones that would run lean because of the distance from the carb opening.

Sold already. Check his past posts. The for sale item has been AutoPruned, but he is still a member here. Like MechRick and Cobra6, just because you put an OHV 5.0 or 351W doesn't mean you have a burn notice excuted on ya. Feel free to PM anyone

Back