Howell EFI. In theory....

You may want to consider one of the Howell kits for the Jeep 232cid or 258cid inline six.
Closer to the displacement and HP of your 250.

Give Howell a call, they would be the best one to advise you on their systems.

Good luck. Keep us posted.

For that amount of money, I'd consider a FITECH EFI unit first. The Howell stuff only has a one or two wire narrow band oxygen sensor and a bunch of other antiquated parts. The FITECH is much more advance and half the price for the power you need.

guhfluh":28ef4lda said:
For that amount of money, I'd consider a FITECH EFI unit first. The Howell stuff only has a one or two wire narrow band oxygen sensor and a bunch of other antiquated parts. The FITECH is much more advance and half the price for the power you need.

Problem with the Fitech system is the minimum HP rating is 200; I've read on the internets maybe 150.
The stock 250 engine is rated around 110HP, upgrades will get you 150-200.

The Fitech is also a 4Bbl throttle body. It won't fit on a modified 2Bbl head.

There really isn't a HP lower limit. The injectors fire in sequential order and would have no trouble idling any engine. If they can idle a 1600cc and less VW, they'll have no trouble with your 4100cc engine. Even a big block doesn't make or even consume 200hp at idle. And from there, the units are tuneable.

If you're set on using a 2bbl and not adapting a 4bbl, you can stil get an Affordable Fuel Injection setup for $800, vs $1400 for Howell and they both use the exact same GM parts. You still have to run an adaptor plate.

Back