Click Here -> Please Consider Making a PayPal Contribution to the FordSix Forum!
2019 Contributors:
NJwpod, 1strodeo, mightynorseman, maxtrux, 6d7coupe, broncr, Phase3, 68Flareside240, bmbm40,
mustang6, WorldChampGramp, justintendo, BigBlue94, ags290, motorsickle1130, Rooster, ousooner919, ethanperry
rzcrisis, DoctorC, jamyers, Motorboy, fastpat, Silverback280, chad

<<< New Site Update >>>

Battery cable questions

Moderator: Mod Squad

Reinking

Battery cable questions

Post #1 by Reinking » Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:27 pm

Hope these questions aren’t too basic but have a couple about the battery cables for a 1963 Falcon with a 170. Have been working on a rebuild for quite a while and am the point of finishing and I go to put the battery cables in and have a question about where the negative attaches, took pics when tore down but didn’t get a pic of the cable. I am also looking at getting replacements and they all come with three cables. My care is early, I believe with the battery tray running parallel to the fender. Where does the 3rd cable run to.

Thanks

bubba22349
Global Moderator

Re: Battery cable questions

Post #2 by bubba22349 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:43 pm

You can find a picture that shows a restored to factory detailing of an early 170 Falcon engine compartment, it's in the post on correct Ford engine colors by years (see the below link). If you look closely right behind the upper radator hose you will see the special engine stud with the battery's ground cable hooked to it. The positive battery cable as you already know goes the the front side of the starter solinod, and the third cable in the cable set goes from the back side of the starter solinod down to the starter terminal. Good luck on your 170 rebuild. :thumbup: :nod:

Ford and Mercury Factory Engine Colors By Year
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=77044&hilit=Engine+paint+colors
A bad day Drag Racing is still better than a good day at work!

I am still hunting for a project car to build but with my current low budget it's not looking so good. My Ex- Fleet of Sixes these are all long gone! :bang: 1954 Customline 223 3 speed with O/D, 1963 Fairlane project drag car with BB6, 1977 Maverick 250 with C4, 1994 F-150 a 300 with 5 speed.