good beginner system

Moderator: Mod Squad

68_inliner

Post #51 by 68_inliner » Sun May 22, 2005 7:54 pm

If you guys want, I could write up a little tutorial on how to properly EQ your system.

I66coupe

Post #52 by I66coupe » Sun May 22, 2005 8:49 pm

Sure, sounds (pun intended) like a good idea. I'm always up for learning more (though, not knowing what I am talking about has never stopped me before!).
:D
Rande "The Tachyon"
N4ZYV
1966 I6 Coupe.
1965 Jeep Gladiator
1937 International Pickup
1937 Chevy pickup

"If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck"

68shortbed

Post #53 by 68shortbed » Tue May 24, 2005 10:29 am

The reason i mounted the speakers so low was because there were already holes there. I can realy tell the highs are not aimed right because when I listen to rock I have to turn it up loud so that it sounds right. But I also have the window down, and I have no muffler and the exhaust pipe stops right behind the cab. Does that affect it much?

But when I listen to hip-hop I have no problem with lows.

What kind of tweeters should I get and where should I mount them?

Also, would a Mach 1000 system out of a '00 up Mustang work good?
68 F100
460/C6

68_inliner

Post #54 by 68_inliner » Tue May 24, 2005 9:55 pm

But I also have the window down, and I have no muffler and the exhaust pipe stops right behind the cab. Does that affect it much?

Uhhh...YEAH! It doesnt affect the imaging though. It just affects how loud you will have to turn up the volume to hear it better. Try placing your tweeters up on your dash facing each other, but slightly towards the listeners.

Those Mach 1000 systems sound pretty decent. My neighbor has one in his '03 GT. They dont get really loud, but they sound pretty good.

68shortbed

Post #55 by 68shortbed » Thu May 26, 2005 8:26 am

The windows will still be down because I have A/C, but if I extend the exhaust pipe to the back of the bed would that help much?
68 F100

460/C6

Red_Racy_Six_Pack_Pony

Post #56 by Red_Racy_Six_Pack_Pony » Thu May 26, 2005 2:06 pm

i dont have any subs in my mustang, but the music sounds nice and clear. a little thump depending on what song it is but nothing annoying. you can feel your seat vibrate though. right now it has a JVC headunit and 4 pioneer speakers. 7" rounds in the doors and 2 6x9" on the rear deck. i can rattle the windows, but i prefer a nice, crisp, clear, but still deep sound. just something to think about if you want. you could always throw in a lil 10" sub with a small amp if you wanted more.

Gerry Lutz Jr.

Post #57 by Gerry Lutz Jr. » Thu May 26, 2005 10:21 pm

From my experience (isn't much) an exhaust pipe going all the way out the rear isn't quite as loud as a frontal side exit 1. At least in all the cases i've heard at least. I'm sure if nothing else it muffels the sound more (if that's a good thing). :roll:

Gerry Lutz Jr.

Post #58 by Gerry Lutz Jr. » Fri May 27, 2005 6:35 am

I would be interested in checking it out. The only reason i didn't sound proof my truck was because, i'm running mud tires so consiquentally to much road noise therefore i didn't think it would be in my best interest.

68_inliner

Post #59 by 68_inliner » Fri May 27, 2005 12:18 pm

DONT BUY DYNAMAT! If you go to Home Depot and look in the roofing section, look for this stuff called ...

Grace Ice and Water Shield. It is made out of the same stuff as Dynamat, only WAY, WAY cheaper. Or look at your local roofing supply. There are also some other brands that are mae specifically for sound deadening cars. Rammatt, Edead, Brownbread, Second Skin, Cascade Audio. All of these work just as good as Dynamat, but are less than half the price. A great place to get this stuff is ebay. Just type in Dynamat and all of these will show up, minus the Ice and Water Shield. The best thing to do is to buy the mat, lay it, and then spray the rubberized coating over it. You get the best results with that. The rubberized coating is cheaper than the mat, at about $50.00 a gallon, which goes a long ways. Second Skin, Elemental Designs (Edead), Cascade Audio all sell this. Or you could just spray down some bedliner.

Gerry Lutz Jr.

Post #60 by Gerry Lutz Jr. » Fri May 27, 2005 4:16 pm

Well i'm not to worried about the weight. the trucks made to pull for mine and wouldn't even feel the difference through the gears. I also wouldn't be worried about the weight on my future car (camaro)because, the weight is minimal. I sprayed spray on bed liner around my speaker cut outs and have carpet padding underneath my carpet(maybe it's not for a car) i dunno it looks pretty good. So i'm guessing all my truck needs is the new door weatherstripping and it wouldn't be to bad. So i'll wait for the camaro to sound proof stuff.