Wiring diagrams for one wire voltage regulator?

Moderator: Mod Squad

papawfalcon

Wiring diagrams for one wire voltage regulator?

Post #1 by papawfalcon » Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:53 pm

I am thinking about using a voltage regulator that bolts on the back of the alternator on my '62 to clean up the wiring. I know there is instructions . But is there a wiring diagram some place for this to double check , I only want to do it one more time and no fires! Thanks!
FALCONS AND RANCHERO'S FOREVER

bubba22349
Global Moderator

Re: Wiring diagrams for one wire voltage regulator?

Post #2 by bubba22349 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:50 pm

:hmmm: What's the specific regulator unit and alternator you are planing to use? :nod:
A bad day Drag Racing is still better than a good day at work!

I am still hunting for a project car to build but with my current low budget it's not looking so good. My Ex- Fleet of Sixes these are all long gone! :bang: 1954 Customline 223 3 speed with O/D, 1963 Fairlane project drag car with BB6, 1977 Maverick 250 with C4, 1994 F-150 a 300 with 5 speed.

papawfalcon

Post #3 by papawfalcon » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:32 pm

What I was thinking about was the voltage regulator that bolts on the back of the alternator Like the one that Ron at Falcon parts com sells. Thought it might be a better way to clean up the wiring mess I have for my alternator THANKS!
FALCONS AND RANCHERO'S FOREVER

bubba22349
Global Moderator

Post #4 by bubba22349 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:29 pm

That should be a real easy job as far as the Regulator to the Alternator and from the Alternator to the Posative the Battery cable!

1. The Regulators Black wire is grounded to Alternators case.

2. The Regulators Red wire goes to the alternator Battery terminal lug.

3. The Regulators Green wire goes to the Alternator Field terminal lug.

4. The Regulators Yellow wire goes to the Alternator Stator terminal lug.

4. The Regulators Orange wire goes the dashboards Generator light (you can use the two wires from the generators charging light system) to show Alternator is charging that is if you were planing to use it. Otherwise it's not hooked up.

5. A large 10 gauge wire goes from the Alternators Battery Terminal Lug to the Batterys Positive cable side of the starter Solenoid, That's all you need to do for the Alternator to operate. Unless you want to also remove the old Generators Regulator and all of its old wiring, to do that job would need a few pictures to see what you have there now. Good luck :nod:
A bad day Drag Racing is still better than a good day at work!

I am still hunting for a project car to build but with my current low budget it's not looking so good. My Ex- Fleet of Sixes these are all long gone! :bang: 1954 Customline 223 3 speed with O/D, 1963 Fairlane project drag car with BB6, 1977 Maverick 250 with C4, 1994 F-150 a 300 with 5 speed.