Click Here -> Please Consider Making a PayPal Contribution to the FordSix Forum!
2018 Contributors:
StarDiero75, curts56, DannyG, B RON CO, wsa111, Captainslow42, falconcritter
Econoline, THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER, 95FordFleetside, turbo6, Max_Effort, WorldChampGramp
cr_bobcat, C.S.Designs, pmuller9, gus91326, rwbrooks50, rocklord, drag-200stang, Big64my79Effie, CNC-Dude, gb500

2019 Contributors:
NJwpod, 1strodeo, mightynorseman, maxtrux, 6d7coupe, broncr, Phase3, 68Flareside240, bmbm40,
mustang6, WorldChampGramp, justintendo, BigBlue94, ags290, motorsickle1130, Rooster, ousooner919, ethanperry

Unknown->> M.Ketterer, T.Smith, J.Myers, P.McIntire - Please PM me (1966Mustang) and lemme know who you are!

Pertronix Ignitor 1 Wiring Diagram

Moderator: Mod Squad

MustangDadDrake

Pertronix Ignitor 1 Wiring Diagram

Post #1 by MustangDadDrake » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:21 pm

Hey Guys,

I tried installing my Pertronix system over the weekend with no luck. I spent some time researching and drawing up my own wiring diagram to help better understand.

This link is a little package I put together with a wiring diagram and the instructions for the Ignitor 1 and the Relay.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fwimo6u4vm0sv ... y.pdf?dl=0

I think I went wrong by connecting the purple wire from the relay to the red/green wire when I should of connected it to the pink wire coming out of the fire wall. (I didn't see the pink, I think because it was painted over so I will check tonight). The car had no power, no lights, would not even crank, but I have 12.9 volts at the battery and starter soleniod and the starter. I am going to try a couple more of the tests as mentioned in the instructions. Crossing my fingers, it is not a bad coil cause that would be annoying.

The diagram has it the way I think it should go, if you guys see any issue with that let me know so I can redraw it and hopefully others can use it as a reference.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1968 Mustang from Pops. Current to do list: have fun and learn new things