FordSix image Hosting - Guinea Pigs Needed

Moderator: Mod Squad

1966Mustang
Administrator

FordSix image Hosting - Guinea Pigs Needed

Post #1 by 1966Mustang » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:30 am

Hello,

When replying, you should see a new little orange camera icon: Image

Clicking that should pop up another window and some images. Select - Top Level -, and you'll see 1966Mustang, ClassicInlines, etc.
Select an image or multiple images and it will generate a BBCode that you can then Insert into the Post you are replying to. Just click the insert button.

The BBCodes generated should work over on other forums (tffn.net, m6a, hamb and others with bbcode).

69FB 046

Code: Select all

69FB 046
[url=https://fordsix.com/img/picture.php?/465][img]https://fordsix.com/img/_data/i/upload/2017/08/03/20170803122651-94d082d3-sq.jpg[/img][/url]

If you have a bunch of things up on PhotoBucket (or other services) and would like to try having some stuff hosted here, please send me a PM and I will set it up for you.

Please poke at it and let me know if you can break it. I am working on 'bridging' the two applications together so you'll be able to authenticate with your fordsix credentials to the image application. The automatic auth/login parts are working yet. Plus it looks kinda ugly. :)

You can also browse what's in there by going to https://fordsix.com/img

There are also menu links on the top bar for this 'Image Gallery' - under quicklinks or in the top bar.

Anyway, let me know if you want to load up some of your images.

Thanks,

Perry
'65 Mustang Coupe, C4, DUI, CompCams 260, Addco 1", StreetOrTrack Front Bilstein Coilover System, Bilstein Rear Shocks, 4-1/2 leaf springs.

Support our forum:
Like us on Facebook, watch us on YouTube, Buy FordSix Gear , Make a Donation!

1966Mustang
Administrator

Re: FordSix image Hosting - Guinea Pigs Needed

Post #2 by 1966Mustang » Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:52 pm

So, now everyone can login to their own gallery using their fordsix login.

You'll be able to upload your own pictures into your own gallery which is created automatically the first time you login. The gallery name = your username. You don't have to do anything other than login.

'65 Mustang Coupe, C4, DUI, CompCams 260, Addco 1", StreetOrTrack Front Bilstein Coilover System, Bilstein Rear Shocks, 4-1/2 leaf springs.

Support our forum:

1966Mustang
Administrator

Post #3 by 1966Mustang » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:41 pm

Just testing
Image Image Image Image Image

Support our forum:

Big64my79Effie

Post #4 by Big64my79Effie » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:04 am

Test....

Image too big? A little over 2mb. Thanks.
Last edited by Big64my79Effie on Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1966Mustang
Administrator

Post #5 by 1966Mustang » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:59 pm

The file size doesn't really have any restrictions - in general, if you want to scale them down before uploading that's helpful... but we'll see how it goes.

If you want it to display larger in your posts: In the Orange Camera embed dialog, under the section under the images - "Output options" it will default to 'square' - select one of the other options (square, thumb, small, medium, large, fullsize) to link to a larger version which will show up in your post.

medium version:

small version:

thumb version:

So, 'medium' is relative to the overall image size. A graphic with an original size of 1800 x 1800 pixels will have a different 'medium' compared to a graphic with an original size of 500x500 pixels. I might change the logic of that to force 'medium' etc to a maximum width.

Thanks,

Perry

Support our forum:

Big64my79Effie

Post #6 by Big64my79Effie » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:47 pm

Understand. Thanks!

powerband
FSP Moderator

Post #7 by powerband » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:25 am

Interface is good and easy for me so far. Interested in any way to create separate sub-albums, Engine - Steering - Trannys - Carbs etc ...

thanks

Rich
aka Powerband

testing = 1, 2 ... 1, 2 ... , 1, 2 ... 1, 2 ... . 8)

Image Image Image Image Image
"Take time to stop and smell... The roadkill..."