Small Six forum pinned posts

Moderator: Mod Squad

John Ha

Small Six forum pinned posts

Post #1 by John Ha » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:20 pm

Hi, I was wondering why there are so many pinned and locked posts at the top of the small six forum. One ("What did you do to your car this weekend?") seems totally useless and I don't see why it's pinned. It adds no value at all to the tech content and in my humble opinion, should not be pinned.

Another (high ratio rocker arms) hasn't been touched since 2015, and some others (ARP Studs for 200, Throttle plate question) seem inappropriate for the basic premise of the forum (current problem solving). The throttle plate thread addresses bushings for the carb throttle plate shaft, which can be resolved easily with an internet browser search. The ARP studs thread wonders all over the place - if it has any useful information in it, it's not easily found.

May I suggest that some of these either be moved elsewhere (such as the General Tech:Read Only forum), unpinned ("What did you do to your car this weekend?") or put into a single, succinct pinned thread that provides the necessary information at a glance so that they do not unnecessarily clutter up the small six forum?

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Best, John
Founding Member of the Perpetually Bewildered Society

Econoline

Re: Small Six forum pinned posts

Post #2 by Econoline » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:54 pm

+1
It ain't gonna fix itself

1964 Econoline 170 3.03 on the tree swapped to a 250 with an aod, custom front boosted disc brakes and 3.70 9" rear axle
1993 F-150 xl 4x4 4.9 5-speed, Mazda manual stock
1992 Jeep Cherokee 2-door 4.0, 5-speed manual
1989 Toyota Cressida 3.0, auto