Click Here -> Please Consider Making a PayPal Contribution to the FordSix Forum!
2019 Contributors:
NJwpod, 1strodeo, mightynorseman, maxtrux, 6d7coupe, broncr, Phase3, 68Flareside240, bmbm40, mustang6, WorldChampGramp, justintendo, BigBlue94, ags290, motorsickle1130, Rooster, ousooner919, ethanperry, rzcrisis, DoctorC, jamyers, Motorboy, fastpat, Silverback280, chad, drag-200stang, THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER, Jimmys61falcon, rjonah, Sooshi, Robert92867, Invectivus

PLEASE TEST ON http://dev.fordsix.com

<<<***PLEASE READ*** New Site Update >>>

Q : how and where to converse with members

Moderator: Mod Squad

Boydjhomebuilt

Q : how and where to converse with members

Post #1 by Boydjhomebuilt » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:20 pm

Brand new member yesterday. Already stated I was computer stupid but I try. Just edging the " four score and ten" mark so please give me a break. 32 years as police officer ( now long retired) I try to obey most rules. In "introduction" yesterday interesting persons made comments and I wished to respond. How can I talk to them?? Hey! it was easy and I did. And then I saw a small sentence that seemed new and perhaps suggested I had wronged somewhere or someone and my message soon disappeared. It is a shame. I would have liked those persons to know I both appreciated and would investigate their suggestions.

Maybe I am again breaking a rule here. When things calm down ( a little crazy everywhere and here now) I will get my brilliant granddaughter to decipher the computer speak here and find me a way to talk to folks. Meanwhile I will just read. Thanks Boyd

bubba22349
Global Moderator

Re: Q : how and where to converse with members

Post #2 by bubba22349 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:06 pm

HI Boyd, don't see any rules you have broken, however as a new member some of your site access is limited until you have made your first 5 posts this is just a site safety measure. Until then you can't contact any of the site members directly through PM's, but you could answer them in your orginal introduction post. You could also post in the other forums or make a post or posts about your LoCost in the appropriate forums such as the "Orphan Inlines" as an example

viewforum.php?f=13

or the "Transmission, & Driveline" forum about your 7 1/4 inch axle or the trans.

viewforum.php?f=76

Hope that's of some help to you to get you up to speed plus you now have 2 posts so only 3 more before your out of the probationary period, good luck :thumbup: :nod:
A bad day Drag Racing is still better than a good day at work!

I am still hunting for a project car to build but with my current low budget it's not looking so good. My Ex- Fleet of Sixes these are all long gone! :bang: 1954 Customline 223 3 speed with O/D, 1963 Fairlane project drag car with BB6, 1977 Maverick 250 with C4, 1994 F-150 a 300 with 5 speed.

Boydjhomebuilt

Post #3 by Boydjhomebuilt » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:45 pm

Thanks Bubba. Perhaps it was my foul up then. Wrote a 15 or so line and hit "enter" or similar and it seemed to be posted and later "poof" and gone. And I did see something from someone that made me wonder if I had erred. For now I will just watch and read. Lots of good reading. Thanks

wsa111
FSP Moderator

Post #4 by wsa111 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:26 am

Boydjhomebuilt wrote:Thanks Bubba. Perhaps it was my foul up then. Wrote a 15 or so line and hit "enter" or similar and it seemed to be posted and later "poof" and gone. And I did see something from someone that made me wonder if I had erred. For now I will just watch and read. Lots of good reading. Thanks

Boyd, you now have 3 posts. 2 more & that should solve the problem.Bill
67 mustang,C-4, with mod. 80 hd, custom 500 cfm carb with annular boosters, hooker headers, dual exh.-X pipe, flowmaster mufflers, DSII dist. MSD-6425CL & MSD-Blaster 8252 Coil. Engine 205" .030" over with offset ground crank & 1.65 roller rockers. 9.5 comp., Isky 262 cam.
2003 Ford Lightning daily driver. Recurving Distributors. billythedistributorman@live.com