Using common sense

Moderator: Mod Squad

AzCoupe
Administrator

Using common sense

Post #1 by AzCoupe » Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:10 pm

Recently, I've seen quite a few post that are inappropriate. They range from offensive language and comments, to openly flaming a newbie for lack of proper spelling. Something you say may not be offensive when its said between a bunch of guys (garage talk), but is it something you'd like your 15 or 16 year old daughter to read?

I have a zero tolerance for such comments and will suspend or revoke the violators when its brought to my attention, or if I see it.

PLEASE, use some common sense when posting. Before you hit that SUBMIT button, think about what you are saying. The Mods won't have to slap hands, and I won't have to issue suspensions.
Looking for Performance Parts, see Classic Inlines
Mike

Click here for larger image & info

Cool23

Post #2 by Cool23 » Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:22 pm

A Pity some other forums do not take this line. :roll:
V8's are great but Six Inlines Just Fine. Cummins Advert.

The link to my project on this forum http://fordsix.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=41598

tj300

Reply to AzCoupe

Post #3 by tj300 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:11 am

AzCoupe,very well said.I'm happy to say that so far I haven't experienced the kind of rudeness you just addressed. To date I've experienced only respectful communications from members of this forum.All have been knowlegeable,eager to help, and willing to share their knowledge no matter how many questions I ask, or dumb sounding my questions may be.I have learned a lot of new things about my 300 6cyl. since joining this forum.I have indeed experienced the kind of arrogant rudeness from the "I know everything there is to know",and the"everybody's stupid if they disagree with the mine is the only opinion that counts mentality".You can't learn anything in that kind of forum.Many new members leave these forums because they're offended by the name calling and the harassing critical feed back from ill mannered egotistical A**HOLES and DUMBA**ES when ever they ask for help.I need to learn, that's why I ask a lot of questions.The feed back has been very positive, informative,and polite.I feel comfortable asking questions of the members in this forum with out the aggrivation of petty conflict and name calling.I am happy that AzCoupe has addressed this issue before it goes any farther which is unlike some moderators on other forums.I would like for all to click into the 240/300 big block,"there's something about a inline six cylinder", forum to see for themselves how courteous and helpful everyone has been.These guys are good examples of what communications within a forum should be.I am truly greatful to these guys for their manners,patience,eagerness to help, their valueable information,and the good sense that they posses to express their opinions with out conflict.I joined this site to learn and I'm happy I did.Merry Christmas to all and to your families.Thanks to all for your help.You don't know how much I appreciate it. tj300
America was founded by people who believe that God was their rock of safety.I recognize we must be cautious in claiming that God is on our side,but I think it's all right to keep asking if we're on His side;Ronald Reagan, 2nd inaugural

AzCoupe
Administrator

Post #4 by AzCoupe » Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:31 pm

Thank you for your comments, they are greatly appreciated. We've had a few bad apples in the basket, but most of our members are awesome and very supportive. Plus we have a great bunch of moderators who do a wonderful job keeping our forum family orientated. Our primary goal is to provide a place where we can learn about our sixes. However it's also a great place to make new friends and acquaintances, with whom we can share our opinions and experiences. :wink:

Merry Christmas to all.
Mike

Harte3
VIP Member

Post #5 by Harte3 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:59 pm

Having differing opinions and debating on any one or more subjects is great. Unfortunately, a few do not understand that attacking a person is not a valid argument for any opinion. Those few are such unfortunates as they are unwilling or unable to attack an argument.

This site is by far the best and most enjoyable I have experienced.
'83 F150 300, 0.030 over, Offy DP, Holley 4160/1848-1 465 cfm, Comp Cam 260H. P/P head, EFI exhaust manifolds, Walker Y Pipe, Super Cat, Turbo muffler, Recurved DSII, Mallory HyFire 6a, ACCEL Super Stock Coil, Taylor 8mm Wires, EFI plugs.

Zypher

Post #6 by Zypher » Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:40 pm

I love this forum for that reason, everyone is very kind towards each other. I've never really had a problem and if I ever had I know it really isn't the voice of the whole forum.

mavchick

Re:

Post #7 by mavchick » Wed May 20, 2009 4:35 am

[quote="Cool23"]A Pity some other forums do not take this line. :roll:[/quote]

+1

Ford Six is the best form site ever! I always feel so at home here.

super4ord

Re: Using common sense

Post #8 by super4ord » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:50 pm

I think it is awesome that you can discuss a subject and even disagree with each other and still carry on a civil conversation. It's OK to agree to disagree and press on. There aren't many sites that you can say that about! I am very grateful for that, because no two people always agree on everything.

broncr
VIP Member

Post #9 by broncr » Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:56 am

I don't know where else to post this. This seems to be the most appropriate spot - the next closest thing to the annoucement of the SS suspension.

I'm very dissappointed to see the SixShooter Forum in the penalty box. I can't say that I've never posted anything inappropriate. It's likely I have, given a handful of posts that were deleted or moved over the years. I appologize if I have ever offended anyone. I enjoy FSP, even if my attendance has been sporadic of late. I pledge to continue to think and edit before I post. And maybe go out and kick the retaining wall first if I ever get mad enough to consider posting something flaming ( something I'm pretty sure I've never done, even if I wanted to).

For what it's worth, I had a great time in Mexico while this little storm was brewing. Hopefully this will blow over, like the one little (all day downpour) we encountered.

Perhaps it's time to review the FSP Forum rules, and consider the fact that it's a priveledge to be a FSP member, not a right.
'82 FSP Bronco. Just about every mod ever mentioned. ( Too much to list - or remember...)

Ronbo

Post #10 by Ronbo » Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:24 am

Errrr...not sure what happened here folks, Broncr is one of the (many) great folks on here. Was there a melt down somewhere or is it getting "too" nice round here? Hey bubba, if you need help with that retaining wall I'm available, we all need to kick something once in awhile ;)

Ron
2013 F-150 FX4 5.0
2011 F-150 Lariat ECO Boost
68 Mustang, power drums/steering, AC, single outlet coated header, Holley 350, DS II w/Accel super coil
80 Goldwing (half the Mustang :))

Crosley
VIP Member

Post #11 by Crosley » Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:26 am

Some folks do not know that the best post or private message made while you are upset or angry is 'none'
Tony in AZ...

"130 mph is known as first gear at the Bonneville Salt Flats"

AzCoupe
Administrator

Post #12 by AzCoupe » Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:55 am

The Saloon may be restored, however we are discussing some options and need to make a few decisions before we consider restoring it. Ninety percent of all complaints come from topics posted in the Saloon, which is why it was temporarily removed. We're currently discussing solutions.... :wink:
Mike

Crosley
VIP Member

Post #13 by Crosley » Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:38 am

I would suggest a strong agreement for folks that visit the six shooter section if restored.. perhaps a separate " sign in" to read the posts there.
Tony in AZ...

"130 mph is known as first gear at the Bonneville Salt Flats"

jamyers
VIP Member

Post #14 by jamyers » Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:08 pm

Crosley wrote:I would suggest a strong agreement for folks that visit the six shooter section if restored.. perhaps a separate " sign in" to read the posts there.

A possible problem that may lead to is the sense that the Saloon is more of an "anything goes" place, if it's set apart from the rest of the forum. Kinda like the "Town Square"? (which I've never visited because I don't care to mix politics and cars.)
James - '62 Ranchero (200cid), '71 LeSabre (464cid)

The ONLY safety device we need is a 6" sharpened steel spike bolted to the center of the steering wheel of EVERY vehicle.
Emergency Rooms and Funeral Homes will be busy for a week or so, then I predict a dramatic drop in vehicle accidents.

woodbutcher
VIP Member

Post #15 by woodbutcher » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:29 pm

:hmmm: Hope this is the right place.Have had my AV software popping up notices that a popup ad has been blocked.Last time was appx 3 minutes ago.Might want to check this out.Thanks in advance.
Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
Leo
"People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election".
Otto von Bismarck