Click Here -> Please Consider Making a PayPal Contribution to the FordSix Forum!
2019 Contributors:
NJwpod, 1strodeo, mightynorseman, maxtrux, 6d7coupe, broncr, Phase3, 68Flareside240, bmbm40, mustang6, WorldChampGramp, justintendo, BigBlue94, ags290, motorsickle1130, Rooster, ousooner919, ethanperry, rzcrisis, DoctorC, jamyers, Motorboy, fastpat, Silverback280, chad, drag-200stang, THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER, Jimmys61falcon, rjonah, Sooshi, Robert92867, Invectivus

PLEASE TEST ON http://dev.fordsix.com

<<<***PLEASE READ*** New Site Update >>>

For Sale Ads in Small Six

Moderator: Mod Squad

John Ha

For Sale Ads in Small Six

Post #1 by John Ha » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:02 pm

Yesterday (7/31/20) I posted 3 ads for air cleaners that I'm trying to find a home for. This morning 2 of the ads were gone - I assume someone deleted them.

I've just finished reposting the two that were missing/deleted and I'm really unhappy that I've had to do the extra work and that I lost a day of exposure to potential buyers.

Please explain why my ads were deleted.

I'd also like to know why I wasn't able to post photos on the forum with the ads. It's utterly stupid for a "for sale" forum to not allow people to post photos of the things that they are selling. I can't imagine a potential buyer not wanting to see photos of something that they might want to buy.

I was able to work around this by uploading photos to Google Drive and linking to them in the posts, but I should not have had to do that.

Please fix that issue.
Founding Member of the Perpetually Bewildered Society

rbohm
Assistant Admin

Re: For Sale Ads in Small Six

Post #2 by rbohm » Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:07 am

the two ads were deleted by one of our moderators because they looked like a triple posting. you might consider next time putting all three in the same ad, and make note that each air cleaner is for a different year/vehicle.
64 falcon
66 mustang
16 escape

my mind is aglow with whiriling
transient nodes of thought
careening through a cosmic vapor
of invention

John Ha

Post #3 by John Ha » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:54 pm

rbohm wrote:the two ads were deleted by one of our moderators because they looked like a triple posting. you might consider next time putting all three in the same ad, and make note that each air cleaner is for a different year/vehicle.

Just seeing this now. I don't accept you laying this on me.

By definition a moderator, admin or whatever you want to call it is required to perform due diligence BEFORE performing an action on someone else's post.

In this case, if whomever deleted my ads had bothered to take a few seconds to open the ads and actually look at them it would have been obvious that they were not all the same.

I had to waste my time to repost the ads because someone else was unwilling to do their job. :-(
Founding Member of the Perpetually Bewildered Society

super4ord

Post #4 by super4ord » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:24 pm

I guess posting them really didn't matter that much then if it took you over a month and a half to check between posts. I check this forum multiple times per day every day. I usually have it open for hours at a time & sometimes all day long.
1978 Zephyr Reverse Trike 200 Inline 6/C4...Slowly Progressing Project
1980 Mustang Coupe 200 Inline 6/T-5/7.5 rear 4.10 LS...Upgrading Hotrod Project
1983 F-150 longbed 347 stroker/C4/8.8 rear 3.55 gears...new hotrod project
2007 Chevrolet HHR Panel Wagon Ecotec 2.2L 4 cyl auto...Daily Driver
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 3.6L Bent6...Wife's Daily Driver

rbohm
Assistant Admin

Post #5 by rbohm » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:57 am

John Ha wrote:
rbohm wrote:the two ads were deleted by one of our moderators because they looked like a triple posting. you might consider next time putting all three in the same ad, and make note that each air cleaner is for a different year/vehicle.

Just seeing this now. I don't accept you laying this on me.

By definition a moderator, admin or whatever you want to call it is required to perform due diligence BEFORE performing an action on someone else's post.

In this case, if whomever deleted my ads had bothered to take a few seconds to open the ads and actually look at them it would have been obvious that they were not all the same.

I had to waste my time to repost the ads because someone else was unwilling to do their job. :-(

whether you accept this or not two things;

1: i did not delete the ads i am merely explaining the thought process behind the deletion

2: the admins and moderators have a lot to go through daily, and while you might think they should do due diligence, it sometimes isnt possible. as i noted instead of making three ads, you make one indicating what you have to sell. remember bandwidth is not free here, or at any website for that matter, so we save when we can.
64 falcon
66 mustang
16 escape

my mind is aglow with whiriling
transient nodes of thought
careening through a cosmic vapor
of invention