Brake Line Complete Kits

Moderator: Mod Squad

Humpbackshooter

Brake Line Complete Kits

Post #1 by Humpbackshooter » Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:00 pm

Any of yall purchased a kit for a complete brake line assy? Front lines, front to rear and rear from block to R. rear and L rear. Mine seems to be a bit dirty and after reading....just plan on replacing all lines for the peace of mind. :beer: :nod:

Hump.

bubba22349
Global Moderator

Re: Brake Line Complete Kits

Post #2 by bubba22349 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:56 am

In the past I have bought a couple brake line kits they were good, but most of the time I like too just make own. Good luck :thumbup: :nod:
A bad day Drag Racing is still better than a good day at work!

I am still hunting for a project car to build but with my current low budget it's not looking so good. My Ex- Fleet of Sixes these are all long gone! :bang: 1954 Customline 223 3 speed with O/D, 1963 Fairlane project drag car with BB6, 1977 Maverick 250 with C4, 1994 F-150 a 300 with 5 speed.

Humpbackshooter

Post #3 by Humpbackshooter » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:09 am

Bubba....when it comes to removing the front to back line, the clamps that are holding both the brake and the fuel lines, was yours screwed in or was there something like a push lock? ( for better word) Mine doesn't have any head or Phillips in it. Now I have not looked up in the car where it looks like it goes to see if there is anything under the carpet. The clamp has something like a slot, but I'm not sure how it comes out. I didn't spend alot of time last night working on pulling this line out.

Oh...I did go and order my complete kit from Mustang Unlimited. I just didn't see making my own cause I'd have to buy a double flaring block. The cost of a good one just don't add up. For a one time gig...... And if you buy a cheap one, from what I've read, they don't flare good and then you have leaks. So I just spent the $$ for a set.

Thanks,
Hump

bubba22349
Global Moderator

Post #4 by bubba22349 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:27 am

Humpbackshooter wrote:Bubba....when it comes to removing the front to back line, the clamps that are holding both the brake and the fuel lines, was yours screwed in or was there something like a push lock? ( for better word) Mine doesn't have any head or Phillips in it. Now I have not looked up in the car where it looks like it goes to see if there is anything under the carpet. The clamp has something like a slot, but I'm not sure how it comes out. I didn't spend alot of time last night working on pulling this line out.

Oh...I did go and order my complete kit from Mustang Unlimited. I just didn't see making my own cause I'd have to buy a double flaring block. The cost of a good one just don't add up. For a one time gig...... And if you buy a cheap one, from what I've read, they don't flare good and then you have leaks. So I just spent the $$ for a set.

Thanks,
Hump

Over the years I have worked on many different years cars trucks some as old as the 1920’s building them into Hot Rods or for updated street use. So yes and yes the brake and fuel lines can be heald on with screws, bolts, or push in type clips. The last type were common in the 1960’s Fords, I think they are still available new if you happen to damage some. I hear you on not wanting to invest in a good double flare kit only way it makes sense is if you plan on building lots of cars or trucks. Good luck :thumbup: :nod:
A bad day Drag Racing is still better than a good day at work!

I am still hunting for a project car to build but with my current low budget it's not looking so good. My Ex- Fleet of Sixes these are all long gone! :bang: 1954 Customline 223 3 speed with O/D, 1963 Fairlane project drag car with BB6, 1977 Maverick 250 with C4, 1994 F-150 a 300 with 5 speed.

Humpbackshooter

Post #5 by Humpbackshooter » Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:43 pm

Bubba,
Straps with a rubber insert that goes through the hole in the undercarriage. Flap head screwdriver and they came right out. Sandblasted them at work and now got to put a little paint on them and their good a new. :beer:

Hump