['62 Ranchero] Windshield garnish

Moderator: Mod Squad

62Ranchero200

['62 Ranchero] Windshield garnish

Post #1 by 62Ranchero200 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:17 pm

Greetings Ford Six Fans,

When I found my Ranchero, the windshield and seal were in good condition, so have never had them out of the car. When I sanded and painted the dash, it wasn't possible to get all the way into the corner at the back of the dash and just under the windshield, so this corner has never looked that good.

Recently, I became aware of "windshield garnish": fairly wide metal trim or molding that fits on the back of the dash under the windshield. It seems that this is usually installed on top of a vinyl dash pad, like the following:

I would like to use this windshield garnish without a vinyl dash pad. Was this ever a factory option? Will the windshield garnish fit without a vinyl dash pad?

I am intentionally double-posting this, as I feel it might get responses in both the Interior and Falcon forums.

Thanks
Bob
62 Ranchero, 252 cid, 300 rods, RaceTek pstns, ARP mains bolts & studs, balanced & blueprinted, CI AL head, 1.6 adj rckrs, Smith Bros, 274/274/108 cam, CI int, Holley 500, DSII, CI SS hdrs, PowerMaster strtr and 1wire alt, Optima, V8 rad, T-5z, 10" organic clutch, 5 lug 8" diff /w 3.00, rear drums, front 5 lug discs, Centerlines. Next: 3.80 Traction Loc.