template or actual: Lifting Eyes (OEM or duplicate)

Moderator: Mod Squad

chad

template or actual: Lifting Eyes (OEM or duplicate)

Post #1 by chad » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:03 am

I'm lookin for the two flat plates with hole that come with the engine frnt'n back.

I C a few who have em and since I don't, course I see those & want my own. I can make here so if you ever ran a tracer around & got an exact copy on paper that'd be just as great as the object itself! I can probably figure out the angel a the dangel to get the correct bend in (must B) the rear one...again if you traced that out I'd luv it as well. Lota options there, just need to get close.

Any help much appreciated. Contact info is all ways in my sig below. PM's R OK but less desired...

Thanks and soon'd B good as I wish to install now.
"Big thing is only make one change at a time. Change 2 or more things at a time it becomes difficult to figure which change helped or hurt" turbo2256b » 1/16/2017
Chad - '70 LUEB on '77 frame (i.e. PS, D44, trapezoidal BB 9", 4.11), 250, NV 3550 & DSII to B transplanted, "T" D20/PTO, 2" SL, 1" BL, 4 discs, 33"X15", etc. Seeking: Hydraulic gear motor for Koenig pto. chrlsful@aol.com (413) 259-1749

powerband
FSP Moderator

Re: template or actual: Lifting Eyes (OEM or duplicate)

Post #2 by powerband » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:16 am

Front lifing eye is simple enough-, bolting onto block or PS standoff casting. Automatics, rear lift eye is the bracket for the Carb/auto tranny kickdown fulcrum. the Rear Lift Eye on manual cars is a simple bent 'comma'. I usually cut off the kickdown lever to offer more room around carb.

have fun

"Take time to stop and smell... The roadkill..."

chad

Re: template or actual: Lifting Eyes (OEM or duplicate)

Post #3 by chad » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:23 pm

I C 5 pic, thanks for that!
All cats tho.
I click on em'n get a PB screen that sez "Moved".
At any rate. I know what they look like. I can cut some plate.

"...Front: PS standoff casting..."
"...Automatics, rear lift eye is the bracket for the Carb/auto tranny kickdown fulcrum. the Rear Lift Eye on manual cars is a simple bent 'comma'. I usually cut off the kickdown lever to offer more room around carb. ."
Bolt-up location is very helpful, thanks.

How thick R they? how long'n wide?
That's all I really need, like to just get some already completed but its like my frnt bench search:
"Long look; no acquire"
but, unlike the bench, 1/2 that time, may B 15 yrs...
:?
:evil:
"Big thing is only make one change at a time. Change 2 or more things at a time it becomes difficult to figure which change helped or hurt" turbo2256b » 1/16/2017
Chad - '70 LUEB on '77 frame (i.e. PS, D44, trapezoidal BB 9", 4.11), 250, NV 3550 & DSII to B transplanted, "T" D20/PTO, 2" SL, 1" BL, 4 discs, 33"X15", etc. Seeking: Hydraulic gear motor for Koenig pto. chrlsful@aol.com (413) 259-1749