Click Here -> Please Consider Making a PayPal Contribution to the FordSix Forum!
2019 Contributors:
NJwpod, 1strodeo, mightynorseman, maxtrux, 6d7coupe, broncr, Phase3, 68Flareside240, bmbm40, mustang6, WorldChampGramp, justintendo, BigBlue94, ags290, motorsickle1130, Rooster, ousooner919, ethanperry, rzcrisis, DoctorC, jamyers, Motorboy, fastpat, Silverback280, chad, drag-200stang, THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER, Jimmys61falcon, rjonah, Sooshi, Robert92867, Invectivus

PLEASE TEST ON http://dev.fordsix.com

<<<***PLEASE READ*** New Site Update >>>

New project maybe

Moderator: Mod Squad

Wayne clark

New project maybe

Post #1 by Wayne clark » Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:45 am

Recently acquired a 69 ranchero 250 / c4 .initially got it from the junk yard for the add on ac to use in my 67 mustang vert. Have'nt heard it run yet but fluids look good and eng. is not seized put some new points in last weekend but been working on windshield& water leaks in my vert. & have not had time to fool with it yet. My wife lovingly calls it the rusted pile of junk but I think more highly of it than that. Looked on line for some body parts if I decide to try& bring it back to life & parts are not so easy to come by& are pricey. Does any one have any place to suggest for body parts as most old cars in the Bham metro area have been hauled to the crushers . I know if you play you got to pay . Don't know what the outcome for the Ranchero will be but I'd like to at least make it a useable& presentable pile of rusted junk. Thanks in advance for any info

bubba22349
Global Moderator

Re: New project maybe

Post #2 by bubba22349 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:30 pm

The 1969 Ranchero's are Torino based and share parts with them and also the Falcons to me are a good looking body. There should still be some good sources of parts I know of a source for the 1970 and 71's I'll keep on the look out if I can find some for the 1968 and 1969's. Every so often these cars and pickups come up for sale in this area. What parts do you need? Hope you get it going again, good luck :thumbup: :nod:
Even a bad day Drag Racing is still better than a good day at work!

Current project is a 1988 John Deere 420 Garden Tractor I need a few small parts to get it fixed, plus some cosmetic items, maybe a few attachments, if you happen to have or know of JD 420 parts would welcome the help!

My Ex-Inline 6 Fleet 1954 Customline 223 3 speed with O/D, 1963 Fairlane project drag car with BB6, 1977 Maverick 250 with C4, 1994 F-150 a 300 with 5 speed.

Wayne clark

Post #3 by Wayne clark » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:55 pm

Thanks for reaching out about the Ranchero . I agree that the Falcons& Rancheros have a nice body style .. I particularly like the mid sixties Falcons as I had a 64 2 door Futura when I was 17. As far as what I need the most it would be a hood then both fenders or at least the passenger side. The Ranchero had set so long in the back of the junk yard with the hood open part way that the mounting points rusted away. My son in law & I had talked about just useing pins on what's left( mostly only the top) if I try to get it back on the road. Found the parts on line but no way I'm paying the money they want. As I posted on the vintage mustang forum I'll just try to make it a presentable piece of rusted junk. Just a few body parts cost more than some of the major upgrades I've did to my 67 vert. Anyway should you run across anything you think I can use please contact me ,a dash pad would be nice but it's easy enough to put a cover over it. Learned early on as a teenager that looks can't ride you around the block. Still undecided about which way I might go with it as the eng. sounds good but dont know if it holds water yet ,got a nice built up 351w in my old 76 cargo van that was what I kinda planned in the beginning but after hearing it run am not so sure now. Anyway thank you again.

bubba22349
Global Moderator

Post #4 by bubba22349 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:18 pm

Yeah the 250 and C4 is a good driving combo plenty of torque. I realy liked it my 1977 Maverick had that same combo wish I still had right now. :thumbup: :nod:
Even a bad day Drag Racing is still better than a good day at work!

Current project is a 1988 John Deere 420 Garden Tractor I need a few small parts to get it fixed, plus some cosmetic items, maybe a few attachments, if you happen to have or know of JD 420 parts would welcome the help!

My Ex-Inline 6 Fleet 1954 Customline 223 3 speed with O/D, 1963 Fairlane project drag car with BB6, 1977 Maverick 250 with C4, 1994 F-150 a 300 with 5 speed.

autonoob

Post #5 by autonoob » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:01 pm

Have fun on your new project. I am looking forward to seeing the photos and the progress of your work. :beer:

Wayne clark

Post #6 by Wayne clark » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:18 am

Have'nt had time to do anything to the ranchero as a couple of paying jobs came along & parts ordered for my 67 vert over a month ago have started to arrive and have put some on & still waiting for others to come in. Hope to see if the ranchero eng holds water in a few days then get the brakes sorted out. I 've been thinking about trying to fab up the draw thru turbo off a 78 buick I have ,as the ranchero needs a hood it doesn't matter where the carb sets. At least members on this forumn get that not everyone marches to a v8 drum. I had started searching this forumn when I first acquired my 6 cyl 67 vert and picked up a lot of good info . that can be used on both my cars . Some of which I have used on my vert that I call the money pit so I'm afraid that the ranchero will be my ugly duckling as body parts are what I call stupid money. Any way if I can figure out how I may post some pictures kind of hate to after following a post on a 68 ranchero on the vintage mustang site