Click Here -> Please Consider Making a PayPal Contribution to the FordSix Forum!
2019 Contributors:
NJwpod, 1strodeo, mightynorseman, maxtrux, 6d7coupe, broncr, Phase3, 68Flareside240, bmbm40, mustang6, WorldChampGramp, justintendo, BigBlue94, ags290, motorsickle1130, Rooster, ousooner919, ethanperry, rzcrisis, DoctorC, jamyers, Motorboy, fastpat, Silverback280, chad, drag-200stang, THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER, Jimmys61falcon, rjonah, Sooshi, Robert92867, Invectivus

PLEASE TEST ON http://dev.fordsix.com

<<<***PLEASE READ*** New Site Update >>>

How can one copy photos from Photobucket & transfer them to my pc?

Moderator: Mod Squad

wsa111
FSP Moderator

How can one copy photos from Photobucket & transfer them to my pc?

Post #1 by wsa111 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:18 pm

Since Photobucket is now charging for using their services i have started to use Imgur.
However i have 250 photos still on Photobucket.
How can i copy them to my PC???
Then after a month or so i will stop payment to Photobucket.
67 mustang,C-4, with mod. 80 hd, custom 500 cfm carb with annular boosters, hooker headers, dual exh.-X pipe, flowmaster mufflers, DSII dist. MSD-6425CL & MSD-Blaster 8252 Coil. Engine 205" .030" over with offset ground crank & 1.65 roller rockers. 9.5 comp., Isky 262 cam.
2003 Ford Lightning daily driver. Recurving Distributors. billythedistributorman@live.com

powerband
FSP Moderator

Re: How can one copy photos from Photobucket & transfer them to my pc?

Post #2 by powerband » Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:03 pm

Before Photobucket changed to pay-only, I had attempted to 'download' my pic files but it did not work . Hope you have better luck.

Now using "Postimage.org' with workable results but pics have been disappearing and then reappearing so I don't know how long it's going to be working. Also I haven't figured if anyone but my logon can access my pics or others.

have fun

" Everything in my garage has a story ..."

jamyers
VIP Member

Post #3 by jamyers » Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:51 pm

I believe you can download your photos by album, by going into each album and selecting them. Kind of a pita if you had your photos organized into lots of different albums like I did, but I couldn't find any easier way to do mass downloads.

I downloaded all my photos about 6 months ago and haven't been back there since, I'm not sure if that's still an option.

Photobucket used to be soooooo cool.... :bang:
James - '62 Ranchero (200cid), '71 LeSabre (464cid)

The ONLY safety device we need is a 6" sharpened steel spike bolted to the center of the steering wheel of EVERY vehicle.
Emergency Rooms and Funeral Homes will be busy for a week or so, then I predict a dramatic drop in vehicle accidents.

xctasy
VIP Member

Post #4 by xctasy » Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:31 pm

The Microsoft Version 10 add blocker prevents copying. Earlier versions of 7 and 8 and 9 were easy to copy. I use wifi and cell phone since Im on the road a lot doing testing work, and when I get back to my home and work computers, the Microsoft Updates allways screw over my Photobucket addware...its blQQdy complicated.In my opinion, PhotoBucket is secure, but the various agencies who cobtrol the permissions just make it difficult. The Photobucket helpline is kind of a screw up too, so I have to be very carefull that they have proof I am a paying customer, and not some Banana Republic Troll fron DownUnder. Having a paid up subscription gives me Roman Citizen credentials. In the past, ive copied over things by opening up my donar photobucket site. Then I upload it to my xctasy file in my Photobucket. I pay US $ 150 dollars for this option.

I am very different, and having had 500 of my free HP Photo images get wiped off the planet in 2008, I wont ever have free website hosting again. Two personal mantras to myself are:-

Dont be Charlie Cheep

And "if you wanna play...you gotta pay".

I trust PhotoBucket because I have only had to pay $300 over the last two years to look after 2500 images they have looked after fir free since 2008. If I am paying them, I know they are gonna help me. Anything else us fraud. Someone should pay something for getting service.Aint gonna happen any other way. If the PB album was password protected as Private, then I know I have to pay to access it.

Just my opinion. Love your work Bill, this is not accusational, as the Free Market gives us other options, and it all comes down to getting a deal for you that isnt deamed to be Extortion. Many people feel that PB's attitude is Highway Robbery. I personally dont feel that way but have empathy for those that feel a line was crossed with the new 2017 payment plan. I love the fact that America can choose to accept or reject a free market proposition.

PM me if youd like me to use my "paying customer" status to help you out.
XEC Ltd ICBE's Inter Continental Ballistic Engines-
FAZER 6Bi (M112 & EEC5) or FAZER 6Ti (GT3582 & EEC5) 425 HP 4.1L/250 I-6
FAZER 6V0 3x2-BBL Holley 188 HP 3.3L/200 I-6 or 235 HP 4.1L/250 I-6
X-Flow Engine Components Ltd http://www.xecltd.info/?rd=10