What's on your Holiday Gift list?

Moderator: Mod Squad

1966Mustang
Administrator

What's on your Holiday Gift list?

Post #1 by 1966Mustang » Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:50 am

During the holiday season my wife handles the donating to various local charities and causes. On ocassion she'll Voluntell me for something early on a saturday morning. Even though I usually hem and haw I dutifully go about whatever task. I am an Eagle Scout and Order of the Arrow member - There is a part of the OA oath - "...seek to preserve a cheerful spirit even in the midst of irksome tasks and weighty responsibilities, and will endeavor, so far as in my power lies, to be unselfish in service and devotion to the welfare of others." That has always impressed something upon me - likely it's the inability to say 'NO' to someone asking something of me.

So, this holiday season while we're thinking of others, let's not forget about ourselves!!!

Several years ago I made a wishlist for one of the Mustang parts sites and sent the link out to my friends and family. That year I did get a lot of things I actually wanted! It was fantastic! So, I'm thinking about doing this again. Luckily there are a lot of small and inexpensive bits and pieces for Mustangs!

Here are some parts I'm ordering for myself:
L&R Quarter Panel Skins
L&R Outer Wheelhouses
Front to rear gas line
Front to rear brake line
Brake/Fuel line clip set
Parking brake link springs

Let's hear your wants and needs that you all wish would get fulfilled this Holiday Season!

Thanks,

Perry

P.S. And for anyone else that I'm actually gifting something to - I'm building you a birdhouse or birdfeeder. :D
'65 Mustang Coupe, C4, DUI, CompCams 260, Addco 1", StreetOrTrack Front Bilstein Coilover System, Bilstein Rear Shocks, 4-1/2 leaf springs.

Support our forum:
Like us on Facebook, watch us on YouTube, Buy FordSix Gear , Make a Donation!

powerband
FSP Moderator

Re: What's on your Holiday Gift list?

Post #2 by powerband » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:31 am

I might try your idea, usually listed on the fridge are simple generic tools and usefuls' from box stores I rarely shop letting close family help my auto-addiction :

like this years' - LED worklites

big vice-grip pliers

new face mask for grinding

good leather work gluvs

battery maintainers

LED bulbs for shop

dark beer ...

... I'll be adding 'from Santa":

frt/rr ant-sway bars for new Maverick and a T5 for 3.03 swap over winter , and a radio and a ...

Bypass Fuel Pump / regulator , shift-lite tach, re-curved dizzy, 2" tubing, ARP bolts, carb hat, and a ...

have merry

"Take time to stop and smell... The roadkill..."

STEVEN.
VIP Member

Post #3 by STEVEN. » Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:55 pm

With all the Cars & Trucks I currently have sitting around here( :shock: :o ..),I'm going to need some time to think about it :lol: . One of my 'Big' items is Machine work:-I already have a Chrysler/225 'Head @ the Machine Shop getting redone,along with a 250 C**vr**let Engine getting a complete refresh:-Block,Crankshaft,Cyl. Head. Everything. Plus,I'm fooling around with another C***y 250:-I'm attempting a basic clean/repair/"Ring-N-Bearing" rebuild. I'm copying the Article from Car-Craft Magazine:-"Build an Engine for $450.00." It's from 1998(I actually forget the Date/Months the Story because I don't have the Issue in front of me :oops: ..). Anyway,I'm attempting that. I've always wanted to try a "Cheapie" rebuild like this. That's about it,@ least when it comes to the Car stuff,well,the 'Big' Car stuff,that is. I still buy 'em up when I come across something I can't live without :o :hmmm: :oopsie: ! ~OO6.

1966Mustang
Administrator

Post #4 by 1966Mustang » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:22 am

One can never have too many vise grips or dark beer!!! :beer:
'65 Mustang Coupe, C4, DUI, CompCams 260, Addco 1", StreetOrTrack Front Bilstein Coilover System, Bilstein Rear Shocks, 4-1/2 leaf springs.

Support our forum:
Like us on Facebook, watch us on YouTube, Buy FordSix Gear , Make a Donation!

STEVEN.
VIP Member

Post #5 by STEVEN. » Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:26 pm

...or..more project Cars/Trucks A-N-D places to house them :o . Hope all of the Forum Members have a safe & Happy Holiday(s). I figure I'd get that outta the way now,before I forget :oops: . ~OO6.

bubba22349
Global Moderator

Post #6 by bubba22349 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:05 am

Ok on my Holiday wish list is:

250 six project
1. Aluminum Head and 3x2V Weber intake
2. Set of early 300 no oil hole rods .912 pin polished and shot peened with ARP bolts
3. Set of custom Autotec or Vinolia pistons
4. Aluminum valve cover
4. 1963 1/2 to 65 Falcon (Sprint / Futura) rolling body

300 drag project
1. Roller Cam and lifters
2. Set of custom Pistons
3. Fresh 300 block
4. Forged Crank
5. C6 trans and converter
6. 33 spline spool and axels

:thumbup: :nod:
A bad day Drag Racing is still better than a good day at work!

I am still hunting for a project car to build but with my current low budget it's not looking so good. My Ex- Fleet of Sixes these are all long gone! :bang: 1954 Customline 223 3 speed with O/D, 1963 Fairlane project drag car with BB6, 1977 Maverick 250 with C4, 1994 F-150 a 300 with 5 speed.