Gone too soon

Moderator: Mod Squad

old jupiter

Gone too soon

Post #1 by old jupiter » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:16 pm

This has absolutely nothing to do with Ford sixes that I can think of, except that I-six enthusiasts tend to be smarter than average, with better taste . . . .

The news of this morning is that British actor Alan Rickman has died (at 69, same as me). I liked Rickman a lot. Very intelligent, fine sense of humor, a load of talent. He got typecast for evil villain roles, which he did very well, but casting a good actor against type often has wonderful results, and it's a shame he wasn't given the whole range of character possibilities. I can imagine Helen Mirren and Alan Rickman excelling at the sort of biting comedies that Kate Hepburn and Spencer Tracy did long ago. Well, at least a lot of good young actors have come along (which I can't say about young singers!!!).

(EDIT, later) I read that he got a good variety of stage roles, but I never got to see any of those.
Last edited by old jupiter on Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

STEVEN.
VIP Member

Re: Gone too soon

Post #2 by STEVEN. » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:01 pm

Yes,it seems that He too,was battling Cancer,yet kept it out of the Papers just like David Bowie had done. Both Men had also died @ age 69 :shock: ! But not to worry,their enjoying their journey on/to the other side 8) . All will be well. ~OO6.

xctasy
VIP Member

Re: Gone too soon

Post #3 by xctasy » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:58 pm

:wow: Word up! UK UK UK

:nod: :UK:

As :Germany: Hans Grüber in 1995's Die Hard with a Vengeance. He was such a nice psychotic :Germany: -man , you got to like him after a while. I love the under tone :Germany: -man verses :Germany: -man thing going on between the two of them, even though Willis was type cast as Irish Catholic American John McClane.

Severus Snape '01 Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone / Sorcerer's Stone
and again in '02 Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

Severus was dodgy, but you then found out he was one of the good guys. Not into the majic arts at all, just sayin'.

And thats from a muggle from Das mörtal Underworld.
XEC Ltd ICBE's Inter Continental Ballistic Engines-
FAZER 6Bi (M112 & EEC5) or FAZER 6Ti (GT3582 & EEC5) 425 HP 4.1L/250 I-6
FAZER 6V0 3x2-BBL Holley 188 HP 3.3L/200 I-6 or 235 HP 4.1L/250 I-6
X-Flow Engine Components Ltd http://www.xecltd.info/?rd=10