Preparing to go into business!!

Moderator: Mod Squad

VIP Member

Preparing to go into business!!

Post #1 by matcox83 » Thu May 05, 2016 8:43 pm

Hi everyone. I am probably unknown to most of you but I have been a member for several years. Like most of you, I was a customer of Classic Inlines. I would have been lost without Mike and Dave & Dennis of the Falcon Performance handbook.

I have been an avid six cylinder fan since my first Mustang in 1979. I think I've had at least one in the garage ever since. I was finally able to build in some performance with my current car because I was referred by someone to Classic Inlines.

I'm telling you all of this to announce that I am going to try and start a new business, online sales of as many of the parts that Mike sold as possible.

I've struck a deal with Steve Davis at Performance Distributors and am in talks with Clay Smith Cams and Redline Weber.

I plan to offer products in groups similar to stages, as well as individually. I know a lot of members are new and don't know where to start. The advice they get here is invaluable, and I'd like to close the loop by giving them a place to get what they read about.

Long note, but I wanted to get it out there. I certainly mean no disrespect to Mike. The man is a legend as far as I'm concerned. I would hate to see the legacy he created just fade away.

Current plans are to offer many of the products available from other vendors and to add back the carb adapters first, then maybe invest some real money and do some aluminum valve covers and air cleaners of an original design. My ultimate goal, as was Mike's, would be to get the head out there again. I have no idea if the drawings or patterns still exist, though.

Well, please flood me with feedback so I know if I have a chance.

Thanks everyone.

VIP Member

Re: Preparing to go into business!!

Post #2 by STEVEN. » Fri May 06, 2016 6:43 pm

I wish you all the best of luck with it 8) ! ~OO6.