Small Six 215mm Clutch and Presure Plate info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys - So the MB PP just bolts on after milling the outer surface of the FW? I'm still considering this method eventhough I have a new (Chinese :unsure: ) 3-finger PP on it's way. Any other things that need to be done to make the MB PP work?
It seems that Kevin had to do a lot for the AR PP to work....

Falcon-O-Tron":1duggp0q said:
Guys - So the MB PP just bolts on after milling the outer surface of the FW? I'm still considering this method eventhough I have a new (Chinese :unsure: ) 3-finger PP on it's way. Any other things that need to be done to make the MB PP work?
It seems that Kevin had to do a lot for the AR PP to work....

There's not that much difference between the MB and AR pressure plate. You just have to make sure the step on the 8.5-inch flywheel is milled enough to allow the PP to fully clamp the clutch disc.

Link to the 8 year/100k+ update.
Worked great all those years. One of the best of the many upgrades I've done to the Squire.
Pics of 100k+ miles of wear from square face TO on round edge PP springs included. Not pretty, but that's the way I went with the replacement, too. 100k miles down the road before replacement is far enough out for me, for a clutch.

viewtopic.php?f=76&t=68228

Rick(wrench)

I am working on the same sort of modification in my '65 Falcon sedan, with an early 7-main 200 and a stepped flywheel. I have run into a snag however.

I am switching transmissions from the small 2.77 3-speed to a larger T86 3-speed with an R10 overdrive. The T86 has the larger 10-spline center (same as a T10) and as far as I can find......there is no 8" inch Clutch disc with a large 10-spline center.

What can I do for a Clutch disc?

Clayton ~ MrFalconman
1965 Falcon Standard 4-door.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back