Another Turbo 200 nears completion....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am in Barnaul, Siberia - a LONG way from Ukraine!

You would not believe the hot Russian women here. I thought it was all stories - - - I am a believer now. Even the women in their 40's with a few kids are still dang hot!

I'll start a thread in the lounge when I get back, with photos. Right now I am suffering for lack of sleep (jet lag, really bad)

I got this from a fellow on the turbomustangs board, his user name is silver82GT"

"Hi Linc

I was on the net last night and saw your build up of the turbo 200-6, very
interesting and impressive! I was comparing your posted time slip to a few of my mid 12 sec ones. You were running about 7 mph faster @ the 1/8 but .6 sec slower et. Once you get the trans/launch worked out I wouldn't be surprised to see a mid 12 out of that car. Almost makes me want to pull my 393w out and try what you are doing."

It sure has been a fun project, and I get a lot of interesting comments/responses.

Time to go chase some Russian hotties.......

Yeah I've been in the Republic of Georgia and can second that about the hot women (as long as my wife doesn't find out anyways). (y) (y)

'Course that's a long way from Siberia too. The USSR was the biggest country in the world after all.

Being Polish and Lithuanian, I have a WAY soft spot for the beauty of any USSR and the Baltic Region Eastern European/USSR women.

The ex-love-of-my-life was Polish, amazing beauty, and TALL, were talking 6 foot or so. Im 6 2 so I could handle it.

Her temperment came from her mothers Irish side (no offense to Irish folks, her mother was just a big f*t b****). Youd have to date her for 5 years (or one week, for that matter) to know what Im talking about.

Wait, this is Lincs Turbo thread. Hurry back! Dont get hitched and stay there. Bring her with! Viva turbo!

2tonfalcon":2bdr53mp said:
Wait, this is Lincs Turbo thread. Hurry back! Dont get hitched and stay there. Bring her with! Viva turbo!

1) I'm back, going to maybe play with the C4 trans a bit today as I recover from time zone changes.

2) I don't think getting married would be very hard to accomplish. I got a LOT of interest from girls as young as 18 (I am 33) which was very surprising to me.

3) The folks in Barnaul and Biysk were unbelievably fanatstic. I would actually consider living there if I could make a decent living.

OK, back to the subject material at hand.

I will try to get the trans put together this week and installed (If I find the time) Getting a good launch will be the main key in better ET times.

I'll keep y'all posted. In the meanwhile, I'm heading to the lounge to share a few experineces about my trip.

Welcome home Linc. Let me know when you plan to go to the dragstrip, I just might be able to ride down.

I saw the pics and I hope you enjoyed your trip.

Stubby":1vrdm6bu said:
Let me know when you plan to go to the dragstrip, I just might be able to ride down.

Carthage is WAY out there, past Henderson. Long Drive.

Better wait until I het a few bugs out before coming over!
I'll let you know...

If you are racing at Temple, I love that track. It gives you a tunnel view feeling at the starting line. I would love to load my son up and come down when you get the bugs worked out.

WHEW!!! C-4 trans goes together tomorrow night.....standby for a thrash job trying to get it in and running by Sat night!!

Can't wait to see what the high stall doe's for you! Good luck !

Howard":2vs5n9w0 said:
Can't wait to see what the high stall doe's for you! Good luck !

One guy at work says the new trans and converter will be good for one whole second over the worn out piece of junk in there now.... 12's here we come!

Man, I just wish I had more trime to do everything I would like to do in my life.

The crappy C5 is out, and the C4 is in. The shifter linkage is completely different between the two, so I am patiently waiting for my B&M Starshifter to arrive. I also have to do some mods to the cooling lines since a C5 and C4 use different line connections.

My friend Ryan came over yesterday as I was finishing up the C4 build. He had never had the chance to see the car in person. I started it up and let it warm up a bit, then romped the gas a few times. I was thinking: "Man, does this thing rev slow!" It seemed like it took one full second to go from idle to 4000 RPM.

I think I know why - the stock C5 lock-up converter must weight 80 POUNDS!!!
IT IS HEAVY!!
It took both arms to pick it up and move it inside the garage. I should probably just add it to the scrap pile. The 10" converter, on the other hand, weighs maybe 15 pounds. HUGE difference.

I had to do the trans swap by myself. You aren't a real man until you balance a transmission on a small floor jack with one hand and start bolts with the other hand!

I tried to use this guide:

http://fordsix.com/tech/engine/bigbell.php

...to modify the bellhousing to fit the 200 block, but there isn't enough meat in the edge of the bell I had to do that with. I would have to weld extra metal on then machine it down.
Forget it, 4 - 7/16" bolts is plenty to hold the trans to the engine.

well, keep your fingers crossed for me that this trans and converter will work!!

Linc's 200":3kc95y58 said:
Forget it, 4 - 7/16" bolts is plenty to hold the trans to the engine.

ah in a couple weeks when you puke the trans on the track I bet you will change your mind :p

the small bell 200 only has 4 bolts holding the bell on it..

62fairlane170":3awvyrtx said:
the small bell 200 only has 4 bolts holding the bell on it..

I thought it was five until ?? year then changed to six?

I doesn't matter, all the weight between the engine mounts and rear trans mount (weight downward in the middle) pulls on the bottom bolts and pushes the top together, so I'll be fine.

I did a T5 swap a few times, much lighter, but with it half on a floor jack, half on my chest to balance it to the bolt holes. When I breathed, it would align more properly. Hilarious ghetto mechanic tactics.

T5....why havent you considered that? I know its a pain in the @$$ to do the conversion on an I6, but still something to consider down the road.

Whats your differential in the rear? Just curious, IMO 4:10's or higher would make that sucker move, and less boiling of the tires out of the hole. Tune her up so she redlines in the last gear at the end of the 1/4.

Makes a huge difference, you probably know this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back