Aussie Log / 2v /Xflow block ID numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Guys,
I've got another number for you !
63, its on my ZL and from memory was on both of my ZH Marquis'

cheers,
CamZH

Good stuff! Can you provide any exactitudes on the model of your ZL - pack/spec etc?

71 is also pretty confirmed as LTD (back in the RR front era).

OK - I have an Alloy Head six in my ZC (has a Gem Engines sticker on the rocker cover and I got it from a mate who had it in his XY sedan)

On the block near the alternator where the engine no goes, it simply has FFO17 - what the?

FFO17. There should be some other numbers there too.

Since it's not Cortina, it could only be the locally assembled F100! The alloy head didn't make it to the Transit, as it got replaced by the Ford Econovan when the pound sterling went through the roof in the early 1980's. It was uneconomic to assemble.

Just a guess!

It's like addos

FU11YS
1C8R0

xtaxi":219jta3m said:
FFO17. There should be some other numbers there too.

Since it's not Cortina, it could only be the locally assembled F100! The alloy head didn't make it to the Transit, as it got replaced by the Ford Econovan when the pound sterling went through the roof in the early 1980's. It was uneconomic to assemble.

Just a guess!

It's like addos

FU11YS
1C8R0

Nope - that is all that's there.
Also, on the rear engine lifting thingy, it has XF written in that white paint pen that wrecking yards like to use, so it's a bit of a mystery...

i have a Cortina and this is on my rego for it and on the VIN plate
this is the details on it and the Engine # (its same as VIN/Chassis)

Make: Ford
Model: CRTINA (Cortina)
Body: Sedan
Year: 1977
Colour: GN (Green)
Tare 1188kg
Cyl: 6 (4.1L)
Fuel: PET (Petrol)
VIN #: CG58TR38007C

Block is Cast Iron :p TUFF

i looked on google. found a 2.0L (4 Cyl) if it helps u try and Descipher the codes

Make: Ford
Model: CRTINA (Cortina)
Cyl 4 (2.0L)
VIN #: CG56XC53084R
Built May 1980
ADR: 27A

hope that helps ?

*Start EDIT*
Adding Link i found on google

http://www.axisuniversal.com.au/

this link is for a site that has a database of all Australia VIN's

*Quote*
Axis has built a database that structures vehicle information into Make, Model, Derivative, Model Year, Specification, Standard Features and Options. Each and every vehicle identity i.e. Make, Model, Derivative, Year and Specification is coded with our own code. This easily identifies the vehicle and enables matching to other codes.

Below is an example of the type of information that can be extrapolated from a VIN code

VIN: 6H8VRK19HSL768159

6 = Australia
H8 = Holden
VR = VR or VRII Series
K = Commodore
19 = Sedan 4 Door
H = 3.8 Litre Fuel Injection Petrol
S= 1994 or 1995
L768159 = Build number

*End EDIT*

VIN Decoder for Capri

their numbers all start in UL

http://www.pcug.org.au/~jcarroll/capri/vincode.htm

Sample VIN: UL 01 LR 83339
ch1: Product Source (for Capri, always U = Japan)
ch2: Assembly Plant (for Capri, always L = Broadmeadows)
ch3-4: Body type (Unclear, but the pattern appears to be 01 = Standard; 03 = Turbo; AU = XR2/Barchetta/Clubsprint)
ch5-6: Year & month manufactured (eg. LR = 1990, Oct - see table below)
ch7-11: Serial No.

I've got an engine number:
84DA6015AA

... any ideas what this is?

Also, the head has C1 stamped on it. I've been told this is an EFI head... right?

I don't know what engine i've got, and i need to know so i can get the right parts for it.
Thanks!

That's an XD/E block number! :stick:

Not sure on the head. We did post some stuff a few years ago.

So its NOT an xf? In that case, i've got some ammo to resolve the case with the bugger who sold it to me...

Well, that's the casting number. Wot's the cereal number? Look either at the top back near the water temp sensor and oil pressure, or on a little pad on the block side, down from the oil pressure sender.

So its NOT an xf? In that case, i've got some ammo to resolve the case with the bugger who sold it to me...

Careful, don't shoot from the hip, it could be from an '85 leaded model.
My XF had an 84DA from memory (I just sold it last week so I can't be sure) which was definitely the original engine (same engine number as body).

I'm not 100% on this, but find out before you go shooting anyone. :LOL:

As I recall the 84DA block had the first neoprene rear main seal, as opposed to the rope seal used in the 83DA.

Damn - so this means i'll need to run that additive in the petrol, because its a leaded engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back