affordable Fuel injection

fuel pump (external or internal) supply line and a return to the tank. thermal sending units for the engine. what ever tbi you are going to use find out what preassure it needs. the gm tbi only uses 14psi.

300 6 JEEP":3r0av18g said:
the gm tbi only uses 14psi.

I think ford is around that, too.

Nice thing is the fuel injectors are all made the same no matter what, so if you need to run 50 psi to move enough fuel you can.

gonna see what we got in the line of throttle bodies at my autoshop class, we got a few. everythings labeled as to what it came off of and we have shop key so finding fuel press should be no problem

The 80's Ford 3.8 V6 TB's are the same bolt pattern as the Ford 2 bbl carb!

Linc's 200":1mskvnq5 said:
The 80's Ford 3.8 V6 TB's are the same bolt pattern as the Ford 2 bbl carb!
gonna look for 1 of them then. what car's were they used in, so when I call the junkyard?

I downloaded Mega tune 2.25 and installed it on my computer to get a look and feel on how the interface is set up. a few things I don't understand but the main things, injector pulse width, stuff like that I understand. the other stuff I can research.

also, do I need to run a boost refrenced fuel preassure regulator with the EFI? and for a return line, can I tee it back into the main line b4 the pump, with a check valve just b4 the tee?

matt1967":1f4nq9kj said:
and for a return line, can I tee it back into the main line b4 the pump

No.....it has to free flow back into the tank itself.

OK, that seems dooable. there is a filler neck adaptor that Summit sells, you cut out 2/3/4" of your fuel filler rubber line and replace it with the adaptor, has a hose barb in it for EFI return.

The Falcon is going under the light monday. I bring it into my Autoshop class then. altho the teacher dosn't know about the turbo, I'm going to put it in the trunk. he does know about the EFI plans tho.

69Falcon":103x1t4x said:
If you're going to turbo it with the EFI, then yes you should use a boost reference FPR.

The stock 2.3 turbo guya use the stock EFI fuel regulator.

Most all EFI fuel pressure regulators have a vacuum nipple on them,
they work fine under boost.

I'll look for 1 in the junkyard, if I can't find 1 then I'll get a new 1 out of summit or Jegs, there not real expensive. $100 or so depending on brand.

Back