Log Gets Injected

Stubby":hwx8929t said:
Linc you should be careful to judge, I think I heard someone say something similar about you. :LOL:

Yeah, I know - that's why I feel qualified to speak up!

I am actually very curious to see how much he gets out of it.
His old combo was 450 HP, so this is going to end up as ???

Linc's,
What I meant was the picture I posted is unaltered. http://www.fordsix.com/forum/viewtopic. ... highlight=

Img_0412.jpg

Finally got the stubby injectors. Hard to believe they're rated at 60 lbs/hr. Clearance for the valve cover will be a little more difficult because the harness connector is so close to the manifold but it will work. The rail is 3/4" X .049" of 304 stainless. Injector cups are 5/8" X 0.49" which comes out to the correct inside diameter for the O-rings. Had to offset them to make room for my direct mount intercooler. The rail will be lower when I shorten the injector cups. This is just a dry run... looks OK so far. I'm looking for stainless male A/N #10, #8 or #6 weld bungs for feed and return to regulator that I'll weld on each end. May have to just use steel.

Thank you! This is exactly what I have been contemplating. Nice to see someone else thinks the same way... Excellent work BTW..

fb71,

Thanks. I brought this post back up because new people would never see it on page 7.

Linc's,

What do you mean I can't??? At least I don't have 13,610 people waiting even longer for version 2.0 of "Another 200 Turbo Nears Completion" ;)

I really don't have anything new on the fuel injection. I'm about as far as I can go until the turbo headers are built and the engine is back in the car. I did find cheap stainless steel industrial JIC fittings that are the same as AN fittings. I modified them so that the male end can be directly welded to the rail.

I was busy on the short block clearancing the cylinder walls and cam for the aluminum rods. That's done. Just need to finish hone the cylinder walls.

As you probably know, I'm now working on the turbo headers. I made all the flanges myself.

Where does all the time go???

drag-200stang":1hvewuqq said:
What do you mean I can't??? At least I don't have 13,610 people waiting even longer for version 2.0 of "Another 200 Turbo Nears Completion" ;)

OH, SNAP!!!!

drag-200stang":1hvewuqq said:
I did find cheap stainless steel industrial JIC fittings that are the same as AN fittings. I modified them so that the male end can be directly welded to the rail.

45 degrees JIC versus 37* AN on the flare, though.....

Linc's 200":19nl7qx2 said:
drag-200stang":19nl7qx2 said:

OH, SNAP!!!!

lol linc looks like he has you there... any word on 2.0 might come around? As for drag200 thanks fro bringing it back I never saw this...

Linc's,

Yea, that's what I thought.... There must be some kind of terminology issue going on. All I know is I bought the fitting on the hydraulic page and I can assure you the angles are the same. The only difference, the threads start about one thread lower. May even be better - keeping the hose nut from bottoming out too soon. The one on the right is an Aeromotive-10 AN fitting.

Img_0998.jpg

Img_0999.jpg

turbo_fairlane_200":rfv7o81y said:
JIC is 37 degree. regular flare fittings form the hardware store are 45 though.

Ahhhh.....there we go.

Thanks for reminding me I'm not done yet. ;)

Right now, 25 miles south of me, the Woodward Dream Cruise is in full swing and I'm trying to figue out how to get these new double adjustable shocks to fit. The upper and lower mounts are just different enough that I have to change everything.

I thought I'd save some money and bought some used Magnum racing wheels. When I broke down the tires that were on the rims, I found the inside seriously corroded. Took awhile to clean them up so it wouldn't keep getting any thinner. Between the new rear racing wheels and downsizing to 31" x 13" slicks without tubes, I saved 44 lbs. Of course that will be replaced by a transmission safety blanket and a parachute.

I'm also working on rear disc brakes.

The fuel injection has been put on hold while I try to get the rest of the car ready to run. Hopefully, Jack will have a parts list and how to for the Megasquirt.

8)

Sweet, I have been thinking of something similar but with the injectors mounted on log pointing straight down intake runner at the valve.

Keep up the good work, you inspire me to do more.

It may take awhile but I will try and re store pics.
I have a Holley dominator and 7" dash ordered..It cost more than what I have in the whole car..But I have been saving and waiting for efi tech
to stabilize for 35 years and now is the time. :)

:unsure: can't wait to see those pictures drag-stang200! I have though about how a person could to do a port injection system on a log head to be able to improve the fuel distribution. Did you get your system working? (y) :nod:

Free hosting they said, I wish I never heard of photo b...it. so pic's may take awhile. :banghead:
I got tied up on some home projects, so work on the car slowed down and it is not working yet...Just retired, so things are looking up, but now I have to convince my body not to do the same :)
Ecu is on the way, rite now I am finishing the 3.8 hall effect mod. just have to reduce the mounting flange to fit the block and add another pin in gear... Sometimes I forget to manage my time, like do I need a one off aluminum steering wheel. but those are the things I like to do.

Back