Alky/H2O injection install

kirkallen143":11pz9004 said:
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 18psi is a rush. Even though I blew off most of my hose intake connections and my carb bonnet base gasket. Lots of denotation even at 20* total timing and meth injection.

15psi is fun too! Blew off carb bonnet base gasket, but no hoses this time and no denotation. Took three more carb bonnet base gaskets until I turned to boost down to 12psi. I use the thick gasket this time and boost will still try to push it out but it is still holding...for now.

So I am at 12psi, 50/50 meth injection and 20* total timing at WOT on 93 pump gas.

Kirk

Runs smooth? I guess I will have to turn down timing and turn up the boost. I'm only injecting water tho, no meth...

With the windshield washer fluid (@25% meth) at WOT and 12psi my AFR was 12.0:1 and held constant (20* total timing). The meth is my added fuel I need up top.
I have not done a WOT w/ the 50/50 mix yet, due to a sheared axle at the hub in my 9". I guess that's what happen with 35 year old axles and a spool on the street. Naw, it was probably the rock crawling with not enough low gearing. It had been cracked for some time now, you can see the rust around the clean break at the hub.

I have some Yukon axles on the way!

Kirk

kirkallen143":916sll0a said:
With the windshield washer fluid (@25% meth) at WOT and 12psi my AFR was 12.0:1 and held constant (20* total timing). The meth is my added fuel I need up top.
I have not done a WOT w/ the 50/50 mix yet, due to a sheared axle at the hub in my 9". I guess that's what happen with 35 year old axles and a spool on the street. Naw, it was probably the rock crawling with not enough low gearing. It had been cracked for some time now, you can see the rust around the clean break at the hub.

Kirk

Congradulations. You just broke a 9" w/ a six cylinder!

Bort62":3m1emwn7 said:
kirkallen143":3m1emwn7 said:

Kirk

That's funny!

Bort62":337rfnc7 said:
kirkallen143":337rfnc7 said:

Kirk

Dude - I'd get a bumper sticker or a t-shirt, that's worth bragging about! 8)

Back