Exterior Dimentions and Weight

tabrinn

Yes... I did a search! I know it's here somewhere. Do any of you guys have the Length, Width, and Weight of the 200?

I just ran out to the garage and measured my 200 block on the engine stand.

Length: 26 5/16"

Width: 13 5/16" (widest part of block, outside bellhousing mounts

Height: 7 31/32"

Those are pretty close... Weight=?

Super! Accessories (A/C, Pwr steering pump, ect.) not included right? How much do you think can be taken off with the swap to the new aluminum head and some headers?

350kmileford, what's the height of the whole engine from the bottom of the pan to top of the valve cover? Sorry, I should of been a little more specific.

I'm going to high jack this thread a little to keep from reiterating what's already been said, I too have done searches and not found too much so here goes.

I'm looking at putting the small six in a hooded streetrod, I haven't decided on a 200 or 250 yet. I'm OK with the carbs (planning 3) poking out the hood, but I'm concerned with the vave cover height. I would really like to know the height at the top of the valve cover to the bottom of the pan and maybe something to the crank centerline too. I know the 250 is taller, but I always hear 2" and deck height is only 1.62" higher right? Sorry if I'm nit-picking, but things are going to be close. Besides I know you guys don't want me to run another small block Chevy!

Also I found a length dimension of 29" from mounting flange to water pump pulley, is that correct? Any differance in years or between the 200 and 250 length wise?

I believe the difference in length between the 200 and 250 is due to the 250 using a longer snout waterpump.

I've found in other posts that the 250 is longer by 1" due primarily to the waterpump. Which I didn't originally know. I knew it was taller and wider, but what I'm trying to find out is how tall are the two engines. I know the 250 is about 2" taller than the 200, but I don't know how tall the 200 is so that doesn't help. I also know the deck heights, but what I need is the complete engine from bottom of the pan to the top of the valve cover. Thanks again and sorry if my first post wasn't clear.

eeyore":1rssbmwb said:
I've found in other posts that the 250 is longer by 1" due primarily to the waterpump. Which I didn't originally know. I knew it was taller and wider, but what I'm trying to find out is how tall are the two engines. I know the 250 is about 2" taller than the 200, but I don't know how tall the 200 is so that doesn't help. I also know the deck heights, but what I need is the complete engine from bottom of the pan to the top of the valve cover. Thanks again and sorry if my first post wasn't clear.

I am confident that if you use the search feature, you will find this engine. It has been posted several times that I can recall.

Someone even went to the trouble of creating a thread for both the 200 and 250 that included all of this information specifically.

I would have thought that was the case, but I've tried every search variation I can think of and haven't found it. I think in the 300 forum it's a sticky, but I can't find it for the small six. If someone has a link I'd be gratefull!

Back