Chevy 250cid-->301cid

The Opel Omega actually did make it to the USA, but in a much milder form. We know it as the Cadillac Catera. I believe Catera is a foreign word meaning "pig".

RightFront.jpg

team-head-vtmon.jpg

The really great thing about our Aussie 'Cadillac Catera' was that they carried everything over bar the brakes, engine, transmissions, suspension. Only some of the glass and the diff were the same. The diff because it was a Holden part in the first place. The wheelbase, width, tumblehome (curvature of the flanks) and many other details were changed form Opels 1995 effort.

Then the Aussies hacked up the back, added a long wheelbase version, and then used the best engines GM had to offer...the Supercharged GM 3800 and the Gen III (LS1) 5700.

heading-2.gif

heading-3.gif

heading-4.jpg
heading-5.jpg

VTmonaro.jpg

The biggest muck up was that General Motors Holden didn't use Cindy to flog them. Oh, the term Monaro means boob or head for the hills. Theres somethang kinda cosmic goin' on hear. But I digress. The Commodore/Calais/Statesman/Caprice/Monaro line lost its in-liner in 1987.

Geez I waffle....
:D

Get In-line, SR...har har har.

Hey, do you think the GM 4200 OHC will end up as a cut down four cylinder for the next Lumina?

Have you had a chance to flog one, um drive a Bravada?

It looks like a copy of the OHC Falcon I6 with some Volvo features locked in. As I've said a gizillion times...bore spacings are just the same. What are the chances of that happening?

Back