Mod-Log Turbo'd 250 Build

I think the alternator is on the other side of the engine. If it's not, we'll put it over there.

Cool looking motor there 8)
I like the white paint too.

Looks like the alternator will interfere with the turbo. I have the same problem with my motor so I have used an old PS bracket and modified it to fit the alternator. LIke this:

DSC00015.jpg

Yeah, thats the idea.

Trying to stay under 3,000 lbs. and preferably somewhere near 2,750. MS, MB and no AC. Already have discs up front (Granada), 8 inch rear. 5 speed. I can post suspension specs later.

We're going to shoot for 10 lbs. of boost on 92 octane, with 28x12x2.5 intercooler and MSD BTM.

Getting there! - much thanks to Jake Good (engine) and Dan Doud (paint).

Last edited:
Gonna swap out that valve cover, right? I mean they ARE worth around 5 rwhp 8)

White = Easy to spot oil leaks, great thinking! I painted mine gold, it's the gold nugget to make the beast run (wife says its because I was in the Army and green and gold, well...). We have to do everything we can to get around the V8 hype.

Quick question, on that awesome-ly constructed intake there is a tang welded in, return spring? It just adds to the well thought out process.

Ever sit in the garage, looking at your car, wondering what to do next?

We are sick, sick peoples!! 8)

I'm trying to follow this build, but the pics aren't showing up...

Please contact me for a feature story on the build at MyRideisMe.com. I love crazy builds on a budget.
pikesan

And yeah... we definitely need an alloy valve cover. Mike's look pretty nice. Was thinking of just buying the raw one he has and polishing it myself. Did Offy make a valve cover for these back in the day?

Thanks for interest everyone - got your PM pikesan.

Yes Offy and Im pretty sure Edelbrock both used to make a aluminum valve cover.

The Edelbrock and Offy are both very rare but I have seen them on Ebay before.

But for the cost involved just buy Mike's at Classic Inlines. I have one and its a quality part with clearance for roller rockers.

Hey Tyler and Jake,
What's the latest? we haven't heard anything in a long time about the build... Does it run yet?? How about the rest of the project? Last time I saw the car it was sitting at the body shop, waiting for the sheet metal to be hung...

Hope it's coming along,

Got motor mounts, NHRA trunk battery mount and some other stuff together. Gonna hold out for a tranny and then make a big push to get it put together.

mbmos.large.jpg

Last edited:
tjnavyblue":10ndjcme said:
I think I'm going to buy a wideband too...

Don't think, just do it! They are probably one of the most valuable fuel tuning tools out there and prices have come down a lot(especially compared to 10 years ago). I have an Innovate LC-1(just the basic sensor and controller...needs a laptop for monitoring/datalogging) and will probably get a few more in the future for various projects. I am definitely going to get a few more MegaSquirt ECUs, but that's another story. :D

Been a while since i was last on. Looking good!

I noticed your alternator mount problem. Here is what came with my 78 Granada 250.

2007_05110002-1.jpg

2007_05110003-1.jpg

You can just make out the mount. It is a fine one piece aluminum casting, holds the alt. and a newer P/S pump ( added a 90 deg fitting and used a cooler ).

This may be year specific, but I was really impressed.

Back