Any one seen Canadian/US market in-line six Vauxhalls?

xctasy

5K+
VIP
I was put off the GM marque by these. Funny thing is, there are lots around down here in NZ. Any one considered hotting up a PA Cresta?
PA.jpg

It was a classic trans-atlantic rip-off. The earlier PAS had a 57 Buick coupe quarterlite roof, and was a reel laugh because it was so small. The later 2.6 liter versions had a twelve port head, steel crank, and could rev like heck. Gear change with manuals was lethal, along with a steering box that liked to part company with the chassis under a hard drive. Good thing was the optional GM Hydramatic trans...it slowed the old girl to walking pace. Theses things won the Armstrong 500 in 1962, the thing even ran at the Bathurst racing ciruit! Somewhere on line, there is a pictur of a white one beating Studebakers and Falcons!

Drive a 500 winner!

I've still got one back home, and it could fit a Falcon cross-flow and Cortina IFS with no problem.

(y) Like the song goes...I'll Huff and puff and blow your head off.

Supercharged sixes, nothing like it, eh CT?

GM engineered again...you showin me up hombre.... :oops:

yup, GM engineering again, making the hood scoop sit directly in front of the driver, good call
at least with Ford I-6's it only blocks the passenger side if you do that
:mrgreen:

99.9% of NZ and Aussie vehicles have a manufactoring defect...they put the steering wheel on the wrong side. Blocks the drivers view if its a left hooker blown Chevy US L6, but a blown big block 300, US 144-250's, no problem.

Guess thats why blown Aussie Fords are killer...they'd block any US drivers line of sight!

GM engineered again...you showin me up hombre....

I want to show you the way compa :checks: :party:

A 1974 Holden Torana...202cid + turbo +3700lbs :shock: = a 10 second "ranfla"...I'm having flashbacks...Buick style :eek:

After those wild 1/4 mile times with those mightly mouse Holden's XECUTE, blown is good :mrgreen:

C-TOWN

Ugh-hah. If it's got six bends in the crank, I'm a beliver.

Just have to put my dark
F-O-R-D sunglasses back in the case for a little while....

X, You have any pictures of your motor? I dig them little fatties in the rear. Smoke 'em down hometown!

CT

Back