Diesel Inliner.

Made up a new throttle cable today ( A drive to Ballarat and back to get it made ). This one should be much better than the last one as it was more of a hydraulic cable. Not much left to do now once the new throttle linkage is set up and the wiring done I just have to put it all back together.

Just have to get the Motor primed with fuel and it is running. Have yet to make a heat sheild for the mastercylinder to protect it from the turbo and a stone shield for the sump as well as connect the cruise control and it will be back on the road.

As expected the Solonoid was a problem and now waiting for it to be replaced. Also had an injector problem that did not help plus a problem in the injector pump. Just waiting on parts and should have it all fixed by next week. :D

l_a552f52fbf1c4ad0a6e31bc99c269b35.jpg

I had Cummins back today. All running again now. Still have to raise the Air Compressor off the fuel lines as well as make a heat shield for the brake mastercylinder, a stone shield for the sump and reconnect the cruise control. :D

Changed over the Engine no yesterday. All went well, although some delay whilst they (Vic Roads) checked my engineers report to make sure I had not put a bigger Engine in. The F4 ran well and I even got to use the cruise control for the first time. Now I am just waiting for the modem to tune the LPG (propane) system. I need to up the idle speed a little.

I have the correct wire kit to connect now and have to relocate the MAP sensor.

Your images may only be up to 450 pixels high - Sadly I can not post the photos as I get this message :unsure: :roll: :shock: :eek:

After about an hour and a half on the phone and with the company dialed into the modem hooked into the computer on the F4 I can now say it is tuned. Was interesting to hear the change in the motor when the LPG (propane) was turned on. Amasing to think this can all be done by remote. :shock: 8)

Just a couple of little jobs now to finish :D

Took the 48 to Cummins at Laverton today for them to see it, ran well over 200k's for the trip sat on 100 / 110 Kms most of the way, both Diesel and LPG gauges have not moved off full as yet.

Still working on my the fuel figures as I have done well over 1000 kilometers
(about 620 Miles) and used about 150 Litres of Diesel (33 Gallons) and to date have only used half a tank of LPG (Propane) I hope my conversion from KPH to MPH and Litres to Gallons is correct. Looks like I will get nearly 2000 kilomtres to a tank of LPG.

Also working on the stand for the old 6BT Cummins Engine so I can put it on display. Will post photos in the near future.

Still working on the LPG figures but in the mean time these photos will soon appear in a magazine or three.
l_4f341e23f15544f289d96ef8df140d8d.jpg

l_ca384bc6e02348cb9c11e969cb544940.jpg

I like this one with the brake lights on -
l_dab34c3a60584c16a012b192baa634c2.jpg

would have been better just on dusk.

Back