Racing pic Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.
SIX GUN":1b083z81 said:
I love these pic's... Need some of FTF... 8) 8) 8)

adv23t097.jpg

photo by Mike "The Photo Guy" Yoksich

Hey 82F100 thanks for posting that article! I did not realize that Lou's car was Bruce's Pinto; that they were one in the same. I do think there are a few "historical inaccuracies" in the article though. The article implies Bob put the hybrid head on the Pinto. I know Bruce had the hybrid Boss head on the Pinto before he sold it to Lou. I also think the car was stolen while Bruce still owned it. There is a long sordid story about how the car was stolen from Englishtown and the truck hauler ended up being recovered in a Manhatten alley but I'm not the one to tell it. Also, Bob Huettman was the man who was the mover and shaker as far as getting AJ to build the billet head for the digger as well as waging a one man campaign to get Ford to issue it a part number and getting it accepted by the NHRA for use in competition. By the way Andrews sold the car to the Nahans who visit this board and are still running the AJ-headed six in their now front-engined dragster.

I don't mean to demean Bob Andrew's accomplishments in the least. Bob and I are friends - he painted my '33 Willys Coupe Corvette yellow and every time I see him (not often enough) he tells me his garage floor is still full of Corvette Yellow overspray.

Thanks again for posting the article. I moved to Michigan in 1970 and Andrews along with Huettman, Ambrose, Argenta, and Sizemore became my idols before they were my co-workers at Ford. And Chuck Noonan still does my block machining too.

We also need to get photos of John Peto and his two-time-IHRA-Modified-World-Champion wife Ann's pictures of their cars: the Orange Crate Falcon, the White Elephant '23T, and their Bantam altered, now with a Mopar headed Ford 300.

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER":3ul6wcc1 said:
We also need to get photos of John Peto and his two-time-IHRA-Modified-World-Champion wife Ann's pictures of their cars: the Orange Crate Falcon, the White Elephant '23T, and their Bantam altered, now with a Mopar headed Ford 300.
I think SixGun has some of those in his stash :)

SIX GUN":prlgug4c said:
RICH:
I've tryed to put them on here, but I can't get it to work... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Scott, any chance to send them to me via email and i will see if I can get them posted?Here's another shot of Frustration I found.
frustrationaltered.jpg

" The article implies Bob put the hybrid head on the Pinto. I know Bruce had the hybrid Boss head on the Pinto before he sold it to Lou."

I agree Bruce had the Boss head on it when he sold it, but another inaccuracy , when he sold it it would have had the 6 piece furnaced brazed head rather than the 3 piece.

I am still searching for photos if anyone has any. JP Kecks Pinto and Loyd Decells altered . Thanks in advance Keith

The article also said "Bob was the first person to run a billet aluminum head on a six." I believe that is incorrect. David Majors built abillet crossflow hemi-headed Ford 300 in the 60s and won the NHRA World Championship with it in an E/A.

Does anybody have a photo of Major's car? Magazine articles were written about it.

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER":z7j6vvq0 said:
peto1th.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back