how to fit a 250 in a mustang 66

hello a have a stock 200 cid and a want to put a 250 cid (with ozzie head and triple su)in the car wath are the mods to fit it in my car the belhousing wil it fit on my stock 200 cid transmission or not a have now a 4 speed trans if a buy a bellhousing of a 250 wil it fit on my transmission and is it a big differens 200cid and 250cid thanks kristof

euro mustang":refizf6u said:
hello a have a stock 200 cid and a want to put a 250 cid (with ozzie head and triple su)in the car wath are the mods to fit it in my car the belhousing wil it fit on my stock 200 cid transmission or not a have now a 4 speed trans if a buy a bellhousing of a 250 wil it fit on my transmission and is it a big differens 200cid and 250cid thanks kristof

With some pictures of your engine / tranny a definite answer could be determined if it will fit your setup "simply". with specific tranny setup in the Mustang now. 250 should fit but details of this swap are the fun part ...

Hmmm - - - SU's, That;s ambitous,,,

'61 Comet 250 T'bolt Six / SBF 157TFW/Bell/Clutch, Z-T5, 8"-3.80 Posi.

Powerband

how amitous i know it not fun to tune the carby s buth its a smooth look not ? the transmission belhousing a have from the 200cid is a baby against the 250 engine will a transmision of a late 70 or 80s fit or not v8 ? i know that the belhousing is the same as a v8of the 250 the engine was taken out of a mustang 71 with a auto trans c4 buth a want a 4 speed or 5 speed

Since the 250 has the same bellhousing as a v8 all you need to do is get a neutral balanced flywheel (i wanna say 157 tooth but i could be wrong) and any v8 manual. I would suggest if your planning a naturally aspirated build going with a T5 as the overdrive gear gives you so much more fun since you can use a much lower rear gear (i run a 3.8 in mine and i turn 2500 going about 75mph).

If i remember correctly the problem you would usually run into is hood clearance, however with your carb plans i doubt that will be an issue. You would have to make sure your fender wells have enough clearance and then it should work.

:D nice buth can a just take my old 4speed transmission of my 200 cid with a v8 belhousing or not? thanks for al the info carb plans are not plans a have a lynx manfold and a ozzie head send to belgium :roll: not cheap greetz kristof

If your old 4-spd transmission is the Dagenham, it will not hold up to the 250's torque.

Back