Dellorto carb vs Weber 40, 44, coe dcoe, ida idf

sctty1986

HEllo my plans are simply this seeing as how i cant find a reasonable tripower manifold and carbs i want to invent such as on this one post i saw where holes were cut in the log and flanges welded on. which carbs, or carb would best fit a 200 inline six ported, .040 pistons, and a 264/274 Clay smith cam.?? i was wondering if brazing works on cast iron. which rod is necesarry? branze?with nickel?

Dellorto vs Weber when both are in similar condition, is largely down to the vocalness of each brand's cheer squad!

You should be able to use a pretty standard brazing spelter on cast iron, the heatup/cooling cycle is your biggest hassle. Creating a "pit" of washed, refined sand to preheat the head in, and then bury it after brazing, will help.

p.s. Side-draught carbs have also been used with some success, and it's easy to braze on small square flanges for these.

I am also looking for a matched set of (3) 40, 44, or 48 IDF Weber's or would also take some Delorteo's for a drag race 300 BB6 all ready have the Clifford intake. Webers are great carbs; I have tuned a few of the Delorteo's on VW's they work well too. Think biggest problem in using the down draft carbs is if you have a low hood line i.e. like in a Falcon or Mustang etc. than the side drafts (DCOE) would maybe fit easier. On welding cast have used both braising and a nickel arc rod to weld cast clean the area good and do as addo mentioned keep from cooling it down too fast or it will crack right beside the weld. Good luck on your project! (y)

Back