Diesel Inliner.

I have to say Cool23 this is one very amazing project. I've watched through your pictures as you built this truck up and customized it. Very good work! (y) :nod:

68coupe200":2yyu0hfb said:
I have to say Cool23 this is one very amazing project. I've watched through your pictures as you built this truck up and customized it. Very good work! (y) :nod:
:D Thank you :D I am currently enjoying what I have built every time I go for a drive and show it off. Still waiting to see what the magazines do.

Currently looking to add something like this to the Freighter.
4009825387_b6caa0b152.jpg

4666585418_37241448a3.jpg

Just had a feature in Australian Street Rodding Magazine. :D Truckin Life could be next followed by Diesel Power in the USA.

I have given up waiting to run out of LPG (Propane) so yesterday went and filled the Diesel tanks and the LPG tank. The LPG tank is rated at about 60 Litres and took 36.50 Litres of LPG. The Diesel tanks hold about 95 to 100 Litres roughly as I never fill them completely. From this I have calculated the truck uses about 12.55 Litres Diesel per 100k's and about 3.03 Litres of LPG per 100k's. A lot of that has been highway driving and some of it with a trailer.

I used an online calculator to work this out > http://opentoronto.com/calculators/l_10 ... conomy.php

1203 Kilometers traveled 187.20 Litres of Diesel used and 36.50 Litres of LPG used. Give or take a litre here or there. If my figures are correct I think that is pretty good for a vehicle with a tare weight of 2800kg.

I must say that is one GORGEOUS truck with real good fuel mileage. CONGRATS on the outcome of all that work. :party: Its time to kick back and celebrate.

80broncoman":1fd5yrwz said:
I really like the black on the new engine. What HP level is it set at now? Are you running a intercooler at all?
Set to Stock figure configeration. When I went to look at the new engines after the first one failed the intercooled version we decided would not fit under the bonnet and for the weight of the vehicle an intercooled version would not have made much difference to the power.

Waiting for Photographers can be disapointing. I am tired of waiting on Truckin Life magazine as they have arranged to send a photographer that never turns up and have done this to me a couple of times.

In the mean time I have had a photographer from Big Rigs call and take some photos so that will happen very soon.

Diesel Power magazine have added it to the website and I am told it will be in the June issue.

Here is a link for you
http://blogs.dieselpowermag.com/6719356 ... index.html

80broncoman":1gboasy8 said:
what is a "Sidevalve V8 Ford motor" used in Oz??

woodbutcher":1gboasy8 said:
:) Hi 80Broncoman.I`m going to take a wild guess here and say that it referrs to the Ford flat head V8.
Leo

(y) Flathead / Sidevalve just a couple of different names for the old Ford engine.
Some of the trucks like mine had V8's and others had a flat six.

Back