200ci Echo -1955 Rebuild's His 1965 Mustang 200 I6 Block.

This applies only to 200ci
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks rbohm
I'm still in a steep learning curve..

Q: I will be using a DUI distributor. Will I have to change the stock coil.

Yes you would just remove it, the DUI has it's own coil all ready built in (y)

Yeah you can put a 2 barrel in the middle but the offenhauser kit for modifying the log head only supports three one barrel carbs. Other than some intakes custom made and a few retro fitted from other engines multi carb set ups are mostly used on the log head by milling the top of the intake from there and securing the desired carb to the intake. The multi carb route has always been very temping for the cool factor and the added performance but as you will notice from first hand accounts it takes more up keep than just a single carb set up. So if you plan on driving your car daily its something to consider, but on a side note I have heard of plans or set ups where they made the outside carbs able to be shut off. Disconnecting both the fuel and throttle plates would allow the simplicity of a single carb and then when you wanted it the power of multi carbs with the cool factor. It would be super sweet to make them activate off a switch so you could have your own go go button.

hello echo,,i have seen youre topic to,you have an awsome car sir,
be carefull on youre fastback,there not many 6 cil,,and succes with
the triple carb. project.

greetings from the dutch,,,JD,,

and yes i like the humor you got,,i am also use a translation side,,,hahahaha,, ;)

I'll throw in one tibit of info on the Holley 390. It worked well out of the box, but with the build in my sig line, had to tweak the vacuum secondary springs. Secondaries were not opening. I just went on and installed the quick change kit for it, as it makes it a lot easier to change the springs. Spring change's were needed to make the transition smooth when the secondaries cut in.

by bubba22349 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:21 pm
Yes you would just remove it, the DUI has it's own coil all ready built in (y)

Tanks bubba… It took me so long to get back kuz I had to leave the country for a week..
Visiting the grandkids in Cal e forn ya as ol’s swartz calls it.. :mrgreen:

Think maybe I leave the coil there and run a dummy wire… yes… no???? :unsure:

MPGmustang":1ozsuido said:
bubba22349":1ozsuido said:
Yes but the DUI has the coil; it's built in (y)
(y)

I like the one wire... might have condisered it myself but my stock wireing on the car I know won't handle it properly.

I don’t believe the one wire alternator will have any negative effect on your original wiring…
If you ever have a need to replace your current alternator consider the one wire..

I will be using the Optima battery as well. I was very lucky with the metal around my battery. There was no corrosion at all. However my battery tray was pitted in a couple areas. The Optima should eliminate that silent attack..

bookworm007":2a6fnvkp said:
Yeah you can put a 2 barrel in the middle but the
offenhauser kit for modifying the log head only supports three one barrel carbs.

Other than some intakes custom made and a few retro fitted from other engines multi carb set ups are mostly used on the log head by milling the top of the intake from there and securing the desired carb to the intake.

The multi carb route has always been very temping for the cool factor and the added performance but as you will notice from first hand accounts it takes more up keep than just a single carb set up.
So if you plan on driving your car daily its something to consider, but on a side note I have heard of plans or set ups where they made the outside carbs able to be shut off. Disconnecting both the fuel and throttle plates would allow the simplicity of a single carb and then when you wanted it the power of multi carbs with the cool factor. It would be super sweet to make them activate off a switch so you could have your own go go button.

Thanks bookworm.. I found that out shortly after I made my previous post. My learning curve is gradually flattening out.. thanks to you and other members here..

The cool factor is my main objective.

CI is coming out with a tri carb manifold. I will be going with their version. The 1v or 2v carb is still up in the air not knowing the total cfm my engine will require at the moment.
My thinking now is to run all three carbs as one. Mainly because I had a 57 Olds with a J2 on it and they all 3 ran as one.
This is not etched in any stone I gots laying around anywhere :mrgreen:

I like the idea of a
star-wars-smiley-013.gif
control switch...
devil-smiley-019.gif

This will not be my daily driver at all. Just enough to keel it running in good order and car shows..
Think about it:
65 Fast Back 200ci w/ tri carbs.. whoooo and original owner to boot ....2 mo whooooooo :mrgreen:

Keep in mind this is all in the planing stages. I'm depending on members here for input and suggestions that will lead to changes here and there..
But in the end it will have 3 carbs even if 2 are made from balsa wood.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

jdn21758":1t6ou7xk said:
hello echo,,i have seen youre topic to,you have an awsome car sir,
be carefull on youre fastback,there not many 6 cil,,and succes with
the triple carb. project.

greetings from the dutch,,,JD,,

and yes i like the humor you got,,i am also use a translation side,,,hahahaha,, ;)

Back at ya Ol'e Dutch..

Hey I was already driving my car. Then I ran across your build and immediately went on a 3 carb binge ...

"BINGE" English translation: Spending spree... :mrgreen:
Keep us posted wid ya Spending spree... :mrgreen:
(y) (y)

Explorer":7e8p88uh said:
I'll throw in one tibit of info on the Holley 390. It worked well out of the box, but with the build in my sig line, had to tweak the vacuum secondary springs. Secondaries were not opening. I just went on and installed the quick change kit for it, as it makes it a lot easier to change the springs. Spring change's were needed to make the transition smooth when the secondaries cut in.

Thank you Explorer. I have been doing a lot of reading on jetting the Holly and the Weber. Apparently you have to re-jet the carb for the application.
I'm still not clear on the process tho. Guess I'll be crossing that bridge when me gets to it... I have noted your adjustments. Until I can determine which carbs to use I will have to wait...

Q: How did you know to make the changes at the vacuum secondary springs.?

OK this is where I is at this time. I will be taking the engine to a machine shop sometime next week.
motortop.jpg
motorbotom.jpg

My plan at this moment:
I will be going with 30 over. Dished pistons: Aluminum heads: RAS Roller-Tipped Rocker Assemblies: DUI ignition: Clay Smith Cam: Dual Roller Timing Chain: Miscellaneous other parts:

I want to look at a build for regular gas and one for premium.
Need lots of help here..

echo1955":2dvkctl7 said:
Explorer":2dvkctl7 said:

Thank you Explorer. I have been doing a lot of reading on jetting the Holly and the Weber. Apparently you have to re-jet the carb for the application.
I'm still not clear on the process tho. Guess I'll be crossing that bridge when me gets to it... I have noted your adjustments. Until I can determine which carbs to use I will have to wait...

Abandoned Bronco, has a thread on FTE tuning the Holley 390 on his 300ci that I started following. Seeing as the flow numbers on my 200 were about the same, applied that information.

Tanks bubba… It took me so long to get back kuz I had to leave the country for a week..
Visiting the grandkids in Cal e forn ya as ol’s swartz calls it..

Think maybe I leave the coil there and run a dummy wire… yes… no????

Yeah I like that just to keep them guessing! :beer: Maybe run the fake extra coil wire into the intake and tell me it's the new Electromagnetic SuperCharger! :rolflmao:

Looks like your engine is in good condistion! (y)

bubba22349":24aq8lpy said:
Visiting the grandkids in Cal e forn ya as ol’s swartz calls it..

Think maybe I leave the coil there and run a dummy wire… yes… no????

Yeah I like that just to keep them guessing! :beer: Maybe run the fake extra coil wire into the intake and tell me it's the new Electromagnetic SuperCharger! :rolflmao:

Looks like your engine is in good condistion! (y)

Hell man your antics are worse than mine. .and mine are really up there..
Now all I has ta do is remember Electromagnetic SuperCharger now that is funny..:rolflmao:

The only reason I want to save the coil is because it is a brand new yellow top. That’s nearly 70 bucks from Mac’s.

The rod bearings looked great. I believe the journals can be polished? I was surprised to see 7 main bearings. I feel better about beefing it up some.
I will know more next week some time..

heck man your antics are worse than mine. .and mine are really up there..

It's from living 6 decades around all the crazy wacko’s here in "Cal e forn ya”! :unsure: You have to do something to keep from going nuts so you have some fun when you can. (y) After years of heath problems decided to build a hot rod six and go play at the drags this year and so have been hunting for some parts too. :nod:

I was surprised to see 7 main bearings. I feel better about beefing it up some.

That is going to be a good one to use! (y)

Explorer":3gptw219 said:
echo1955":3gptw219 said:
Explorer":3gptw219 said:

Abandoned Bronco, has a thread on FTE tuning the Holley 390 on his 300ci that I started following. Seeing as the flow numbers on my 200 were about the same, applied that information.

I spent the last couple hours trying to find Abandoned Bronco thread…
Any ideas..

I spent the last couple hours trying to find Abandoned Bronco thread…
Any ideas..

This post is called: dumping fuel? Don’t know if it’s the right one but has some of his posts with good info on the Holley 4V’s. You can also search for his other posts by his name on the site. Good luck looks like he has many. :unsure:

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/99744 ... -fuel.html

The Holley kit has a quickly removed top cover (screws are on top stock you have to remove secondary can to get to the screws from underneath) so you can swap the springs out faster, you could also make your own if your handy (y)

Thanks bubba22349..
I’m still learning to navigate this site. I just found Abandoned Bronco’s post by doing exactly as you suggested. Found members thread typed in his name and wala up popped
viewtopic.php?t=58922 which was what I was looking fer..
I will check out the url you posted as well…
Thanks again.. :beer:

I don’t have a carb issue now. I’m just trying to gather as much info on these Weber carbs as possible…………………..just in case. 8)

The problem I’m having is trying to understand how a tri carb set up works.
I understand the motor build will determine the CFM it needs to run correctly at all speeds and conditions.
I won’t have that information until after the machine work is completed.

Meanwhile:

I go here
http://www.4secondsflat.com/Carb_CFM_Calculator.html
When I enter 1 for CI
Engine Displacement Size 200
Maximum Safe Engine RPM 4400
Volumetric Efficiency Of Engine 80 (%)

This tells me I need 203 CFM at 80% and 254 CFM at 100%

Here’s my problem:
If a Weber 34 ICH (1v) gives 150 CFM, does this mean 3 will produce 450 CFM?
If a Weber 23/36 (2v) produces 350 CFM, does this mean 3 will produce 1050 CFM?
And
How will ether one effect the performance....

The up side to my mental dilemma is I gots da time to resolve it.. :mrgreen:
so everyone feel free to chime in. ya ant gona hurt me feelings one iota.. :beer:

Hey dutch, this is just fer you man…
“iota” English translation… an extremely small amount right next to nothing :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back